1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How to Determine if Christianity Has Been Americanized

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by OldRegular, Jul 26, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Another thread is entitled: "10 Ways To Determine If Your Christianity Has Been “Americanized”. The following is perhaps the simplest way to determine if your Church {Christianity} has been Americanized! Certainly no true person or congregation that professes to follow the teaching of Scripture could support/promote the slaughter of the unborn child.

I have removed those Jewish groups which advocate for the slaughter of the unborn child.

An expanded list of those denominations that advocate for the slaughter of the unborn is as follows:

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad to see that the Primitive Baptist Churches are not in this group... This is so tragic and beyond words... I believe this world didn't want them but someone did... These little babes are now safe in the arms of Jesus... That's what I believe!... Brother Glen

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any church or denomination or person that has:

1. bought into the GOP political agenda.
    2. spends time spreading hated of Muslims than in taking the message of Christ to them.
    3. agrees that the poor, the ill, the elderly do not need to be helped.
    4. spends more time preaching about who should be voted for and not about reaching out to the unsaved.
    5. advocate cutting government funds to people in need, but do not tithe yourself.
    6. say we are a nation of law, but quote the Bible instead of law to prove your point about law.
    7. reliance upon universal human instincts as the basis of moral awareness.
    8. preaching a mixture of theology and politics.
    9. emphasizing St. Paul while ignoring the teachings of Jesus.
    10. emphasizing the sins of others but not preaching about the sins inside the local church.

4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am against abortion but say you have a daughter who stands a much greater chance of dying if she gives birth? Has been raped or molested? Baby has severe medical condition(s) such as spina bifida?

I am thankful I have never been placed in those situaions myself. I would just trust God and pray for a healthy outcome.

I asked those questions because I can see why some would choose abortion. Do not agree with it, but I see where they are coming from.

5. OldRegular

I agree Brother Glen!

6. OldRegular

You might find the following helpful. I posted a larger excerpt on another thread!

7. OldRegular

Actually Mr. Crab the only "churches?" in this country that are allowed to inject politics into their sermons are the black churches that support the Marxist democrat party. These are the only churches that let such as Hillary Clinton take the pulpit and speak with a false Southern accent to garner the black vote.

I also find it interesting that though you vow and declare you are against the slaughter of the unborn you omitted that from your list. A Freudian slip I suppose. Actually it is not that strange at all!

#7 OldRegular, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  8. OldRegular

9. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I once worked with a woman who had a child due to a rape. She never really gave it a second thought of having an abortion.

Good post. Dr. Koop is a smart man.

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember not to long ago Americans were going to Romania to adopt children from orphanages and had to pay big buck to adopt one... And churches are telling women to abort them. Who speaks for these unborn children?... Who cries for them?... Brethren this cuts me to the core!... I have two handicapped children and thoughts never entertained my mind that I wished they were never born... Scriptures state that the sins of the fathers will be visited upon the children to the third and fourth generation... Judgement is just around the corner...One more very important point "All of us were adopted into the Family Of God"!... Brother Glen

11. OldRegular

I have posted the following on this Forum before. It is one of the best stories I have heard. I watch it occasionally because it is so inspiring! My wife and I have one birth child and two adopted children {Adopted prior to Roe v Wade}. God has been good to us. Just think how many children that could grow up to be like this young lady have been slaughtered {56,000,000 and counting}.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/27468749...-inspirational-abortion-story/?#sp=show-clips