1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How to get the fellowship I need?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless your wife is an acrimonious couch potato, hard to imagine that she doesn't meet your fellowship needs. God made Eve for Adam, but if male companionship is something you crave, forget attending multiple churches. Ask the Lord to send someone your way.

Want activities? Have kids. :thumbs:

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh! And pray his wife is less attractive than yours. If you're looking outside your marriage for fulfillment, you will very easily fall in love with a woman who seems to fill what is lacking in your life. (Behind good men are good women.)

If she's unattractive, it may be easier not to dwell on her superiority.

Not saying that said woman would necessarily fall in love with you, just talking about what could be in your heart.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad you realize this. Your relationship with your wife is strictly between you, her and God. Never, ever be negative about her in public.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, well, I'm gonna be a little harsher about it:
    Evan has contradicted how scripture says we are to treat our wives.

There's no "probably should not have...publicly" about it; you should not have, period.

Consider: how would it make you feel, as a husband and ad a man, if you found out she was speaking similarly about you to others?

How does it make you feel if we said the church is speaking poorly/negatively about Christ? How does it make you feel if Christ was talking poorly/negatively about His church?

Right now, you don't deserve your wife. You need to apologize to her. You don't need to tell her why, you just need to tell her that you love her like Christ loves the church.

Then consider your selfishness about "needing other areas of growth," and focus your attention on fulfilling others' needs for a while.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too much Don. You are not his father or his spiritual leader....nor do you know a thing about his marital relationship. Besides you don't criticize in public.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan....what or where is the nearest Reformed Baptist church from you? Also really consider a town softball league and maybe, just maybe there is a church that does Friday afternoon basketball games that you could join in on. Even golf...some time away from the wife is not a bad thing.....but also do things together. That Gideons thing is a step in the right direction.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not his father or his spiritual leader; but he came on a public board and solicited public opinion.

Too much? Nah. Look at the general gist of *ALL* of his posts. It's *always* about him and what he should do or not do. When have you seen something about his church that wasn't talking about what *he* doesn't like? When have you seen something about his pastor that wasn't talking about what *he* doesn't like?

When have you seen something about his wife that wasn't talking about what *he* doesn't like?

And no matter how many time you, John of Japan, and others have responded to him about such things ... his conversations inevitably come back to *his* wants and needs, and not the wants and needs of others.

The best advice for me is to put him on ignore...and there, done.

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree completely with you, Don. I've not seen you respond in an overly harsh manner here. Sometimes we all need a blunt kick in the pants, and this one has been coming for a long time.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That works....LOL. I just think he is a kid & he is over his head. A 4 year in the USMC would make a man out of him......or, :laugh: