1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How to get your family to eat things they don't like...

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Spinach, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Spinach

Spinach New Member

My little ones HATE onions! They don't like them even in the tiniest pieces. I've come up with a solution to get them to eat all kinds of things like this (mushrooms, spinach, etc).... I puree them in my tomato sauce and add them to spaghetti or lasagna or soups/stews. They can't tell they are in there and I feel good that I can feed them all the veggies that Mommas generally worry about. :)

Another thing, though it is for me, is yogurt. I cannot stand plain yogurt. I know it's benefits, though, so I came up with a plan to help me eat it. I put some in the blender and add some skim milk. Then I add some cocoa and some raw honey. Voila, chocolate milk! I'm drinking some right now.

The tastiest, healthiest thing I've done as of late is spinach smoothies. For all seven of us, I take a handful of spinach, 2 apples, cored, 2 bananas, one orange, a handful of raw oatmeal, a bit of cinnamon, some raw honey, and some skim milk. Blend it until smooth. We all love it, even my picky ones!

What things do you do to get everyone to eat their veggies?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Try your plain yogurt in a fruit smoothie, it's yummy.
    I used to finely chop veggies and hide it in meatloaf, and meatballs, sauces too.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It's not been too much of an issue here. Part of why that was...I used to tempt my kids with veggies. I'd tell them if they were good in the store they'd get broccoli or green beans or whatever. I'd occasionally get a parent in a store who would say "How do you do that?!" when they heard one of my kids asking "Can I PLEASE have bean beans mommy? I'll be REALLY good!" :laugh:

They do have things they don't like. In those cases, I just don't make them eat them. Don't really see the point. There's enough variety in the United States that we aren't gonna be nutrient deprived if we skip eating one certain type of veggie. Thank you Jesus! Makes me feel blessed!

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well, I'm not a lady, but I generally am the cook for my bride and I.

Serve a lot of vegetable beef soup, in the winter. It's the only way I could ever get my bride to eat lima beans, and okra. :thumbs:

For peppers, it's usually 'Western' omelets, chili, spaghetti sauce, or other pasta.

I'm still working on the country ham, and black-eyed peas, even after 10 years!

(I've already given up on liver and onions.) :laugh:

But being the cook does mean I never, ever have to eat cooked turnips, which taste I detest. :thumbs: :D

Ed

#4 EdSutton, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2008
  5. Spinach

Spinach New Member

HA!

Yes, there are things we just don't eat because I don't like them. Fortunately, my husband isn't into them either. Works well!