1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How to respond to bullies in the Church & Online?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont know, do mental cases deserve to get flamed?

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

LOL, did Barry again??? Ahhh, what difference does it make?!?

#22 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Manning up doesn't necessarily stop the attempts of online bullying. It does help to proverbially stand your ground. But often times a messageboard atmosphere can be just like a playground atmosphere.

groups goad each other on to pick on the people who are different because of POVs, for instance, on this board in an attempt to make them stop posting or to stop them from posting POVs they don't like.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That first part is indeed true. But from what I have observed on this board and many others is rarely THAT.

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Irony, well-defined.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Like this lil attempt to present a put down. Bullies like to get everyone in on going after one person. And usually, pretty much true on most boards, there are cliques who do it.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bullies, consider the source. Point out their ludicrous comments and ask questions ... know they that 99.9% of the time they will not answer. Their not answering at all or rationally shows others how weak their comment was ... actually it is usually apparent as it often has nothing to do with the OP. Don't reply to really stupid comments. Let them stand and others will see how stupid that person's comment was if they have any discernment at all.

Blessings.

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Who said manning up means stopping another person? You incessantly focus on 'the other' being wrong and as the enemy, pointing your finger, accusing, whining, but I've yet to see you accuse YOURSELF.

Interesting.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Bully, bully for all of you psycho-theologians. In real life, physical abuse is against the law. Verbal and emotional abuse are made of terms for thin skinned individuals. This is a debate forum. When losing the ability to make one's point, new names, like emotional abuse, are invented to make the loser look like a victim.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Just the mention of a Mormon president sent you into a bout of apoplexy and calling those of us who would vote for him names a few months ago. Bullies don't always work in cliques, you know.

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

#31 Winman, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
  12. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I cannot understand why people think there are saved people in false churches. St. John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, I know them and they follow me. St. John 10:5 A stranger they will not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of a stranger. A sheep is not satisfied eating the garbage of false doctrine. A sheep has to eat the truth of Christ, for his blood is drink indeed and his body is meat indeed. People talk of faith as if faith saves. In and of itself faith does not save. Saving faith is not blind. Faith has to have an object and that object is Christ, not water, not good works, but Christ.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

In the reverse situation then, how do you explain masses of people on Baptist rolls that are lost if that is how to apply "My sheep hear My voice?" How do you explain the scene in heaven in Revelation of countless from all tribes and groups in white robes? How do you explain the 60-65 percent that stay away from local Baptist churches long periods of time and exhibit none of the nine fruits of the Spirit?

I am not sure which denominations you think are teaching false doctrine, but will assume it is the usual, CoC, SDA, RCC and the like. God in His providence has a plan for each of His children. Neither you nor anyone else can tell me that it is impossible for one of these saved persons to belong to the RCC, say as a child, until some future time. That is one example. I bet you would not want to bet your salvation on there being no saved people in the entire structure of the RCC. The percentage must be very, very low, since it is nothing to write home about in the Baptist church.

Yes, saved people will eventually end up with a true New Testament Church. However, broad brushed statements are generally not true, such as "there are no saved people in churches that I do not agree with."

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are pastors who have been saved through their own study and preaching. Sometime read the book "50 Years in the Church of Rome" by Charles Chinquy.

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sat/Nep :"I am not going to participate in any subjects about the man John Calvin. It does nothing but harm the inner self to discuss the Man...I am done with this subject. Moving on." 5/5/13