1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How was it in the very beginning?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jun 23, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Do you know what I ask myself?
    God had no beginning. But what about heaven? I bet that heaven is really beautiful. There will be a lot of things. I have heard there is a sea with crystal clear water. And God sits on a throne. What I ask myself is this. Was there a time where heaven did not exist, where also God's throne did not exist and God had nothing and then had to create a throne for himself to sit on? I mean all these things which are in heaven were later on made by God, weren't they?
    Can you imagine how this must have been in the beginning? Was there only God and absolutely nothing else? This is really hard to imagine, isn't it? :confused:

2. genesis12

genesis12 Member

God is. Always. Heaven is where God is. Heaven is outside of time and space. God is Spirit. "Seated on a throne" is figurative. Jesus has prepared a "place" for us, among many "mansions". I know a retarded friend who says, "Just think ~~ in Heaven we will all live next door to Jesus." Having been told about Jesus, he has placed his faith in Him and Him alone.

No one can adequately describe that Home, one without sorrow, suffering, disappointments, frustrations ~~~ and without questions. As He knows us, we shall know Him. I can't wait! Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!:thumbs:

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God is infinite and eternal.

THINGS are not.

Heaven is composed of THINGS.