1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How well do you type?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by dianetavegia, Apr 28, 2005.

1. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How old are you? 42

Did you take typing in High School? yes

Did you learn on a computer, electric typewriter or manual typewriter? electric typewriter

How fast do you type? 103 per minute in high school; not so fast now. ;)

Do you have physical limitations that affect your typing ability? nope

Do you have eyesight problems that affect your ability to proof read your posts? nope

Are you hearing impaired? nope

Do you have an older computer or keyboard problem that affects your posts? nope

Are you a person who thinks fast and sometimes gets ahead of yourself when typing, hence not making sense?

Sometimes. Most of the time, I'm just brain dead by the time I come in to read and post. ;)

PJ

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

How old are you? - I have a daughter in college. Nuff said.
    Did you take typing in high school? - I was in Junior High actually.
    Did you learn on a computer, electric typwriter or manual typewriter. - Manual
    How fast do you type? - My average speed is 90 WPM. Sometimes I test above that, but I don't think those count.
    Do you have physical limitations that affect your typing ability? - No.
    Do you have eyesight problems that affect your ability to proof read your posts? - They aren't eyesight problems really. I tend to "read" what I intended to type, instead of what I actually typed. It is a common problem for writers and typists.
    Are you hearing impaired? No.
    Do you have an older computer or keyboard problem that affects your posts? - The computer is old, and therefore the sceen is a bit small, but otherwise, no.
    Are you a person who thinks fast and sometimes gets ahead of yourself when typing, hence not making sense? - Yes.

3. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

How old are you? (Feel free to generalize.) 59

Did you take typing in High School? YES and in College

Did you learn on a computer, electric typewriter or manual typewriter? Manual Typewriter

How fast do you type? 70+ wpm

Do you have physical limitations that affect your typing ability? Brain does not think as fast as my fingers move

Do you have eyesight problems that affect your ability to proof read your posts? NO

Are you hearing impaired? (Non-hearing members form sentences differently than the hearing members might.) NO
    Do you have an older computer or keyboard problem that affects your posts? NO

Are you a person who thinks fast and sometimes gets ahead of yourself when typing, hence not making sense? Yes

4. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Do you have eyesight problems that affect your ability to proof read your posts?

Yes, they send what they see to my mind for processing. :eek:

Do you have an older computer or keyboard problem that affects your posts?

Somewhat. . .

I have a lovely spelling check
    That came with my PC,
    Witch plainly marks, four my review,
    Miss takes I can not sea.
    I've run this poem threw the thing,
    I'm sure your please too no.
    It's latter perfect in every weigh,
    My checker tolled me sew.
    - copied