1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Were You When Christ Found You?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Aug 6, 2011.

?
  1. Totally lost, unrighteous, not good, not seeking, and even worst things.

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I was doing and/or being good, seeking God, doing righteous acts & works.

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I was doing good things, showing I was able to come to Him as are others.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. God knows that I could do nothing good and was unable to come to Him, He came to me and enabled me.

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  5. No one is good outside of Christ, all are in a lost, sinful state of enmity toward God.

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

I was a normal boy, I first heard of Jesus when my parents took me to Methodist church. I believed in God and believed Jesus was his Son. I wanted to go to heaven, but wasn't really sure if I was good enough.

When I was around ten or eleven, a lady who was a Baptist missionary asked my Dad if she could take myself and my older brother to church, and he agreed. The pastor preached that day on sin and hell. I was terrified, I knew I had sinned, I had lied, I was not always obedient to my parents, I used to be mean to my little brother... I had no difficulty believeing I was a sinner, but clearly understood now I was in danger of hell. But the preacher also preached how Jesus died for my sins and I could trust him and be saved. He invited folks down after the service and I almost ran down, I did not want to go one more second in danger of hell. Someone took me aside and showed me scripture, probably the Roman's Road. They showed that the Bible said all had sinned and asked if I believed that. I said yes. They showed the wages of sin is death in hell and asked if I believed that. I said yes. They showed that Jesus died for me in my place for my sins and asked if I believed that. I said yes. They showed that whosoever will call on Jesus shall be saved and asked if I believed that. I said yes. They asked if I wanted to pray and ask Jesus to save me and I said yes. So then I prayed and confessed I was a sinner worthy of hell and asked Jesus to save me. And I know something happened to me then and there, I believe I actually felt Jesus come into me. I was baptized the next Sunday.

I didn't hate God before I was saved, I believed God was good and the devil evil. I wanted to go to heaven, but didn't know how.

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

very simple!
    I was lost , could not find God in a saving sense, and God in His grace and mercy saved me and made me a Child of God!

3. WooHoo

WooHoo New Member

I honestly thought I was doing OK. Nice husband, nice kids, nice home, horses at home, little part time job. Realised that for all my busy life, my life wasn't complete, I was spiritually bankrupt. My plumber helped lead me to the Lord (I got hot water and a sermon in one afternoon!).
    I prayed to God, for forgiveness, for direction, for a life. God was gracious and inclined to me and set my feet upon the rock.

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

This one was me...

And it was NOT that Christ finally found me. He knew everything about me the instant I was conceived.

No. It was not that Christ finally found me, it was that I finally realised that I needed Him.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

He came to seek and find us. What you describe is Him doing just that. He came to seek and save that which was lost.

6. Alive in Christ

I agree that Christ seeks to save us. But for sure not in sense of "picking" individual people to save, while choosing to not save other unfortunate ones.

Its ALL of us. The door is open to ALL. According to the scriptures every person born into the world recieves "light" that they can heed or reject.

All are drawn, but not all will heed the truth.

7. Alive in Christ

I agree that Christ seeks to save us. But for sure not in sense of "picking" individual people to save, while choosing to not save other unfortunate ones.

Its ALL of us. The door is open to ALL. According to the scriptures every person born into the world recieves "light" that they can heed or reject.

All are drawn, but not all will heed the truth.

8. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the beginning of time, we were on His mind.....

Praise God for His saving Grace!! I was 13 years old when the words from
    the Preacher that the Lord had given him convicted my heart, made me realize I was lost in sin, and sent me forward to the altar in an old fashioned So. Baptist Church as I knelt there and accepted Jesus as my Savior!