1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Will We Stop Massacres at our Schools?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

-----------------------

#21 saturneptune, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then you're thinking the wrong thing because that's not what was said about the young man.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

------------------------------

#23 Zaac, Dec 15, 2012
  4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This only strengthens the post above. Ann is exactly correct. If the offending party survives, we do have a law in place to bring a person to justice. The most we can do on this earth is to require someone to forfeit their lives, which IMO, is not enough for the crime yesterday. What do you propose, raising them from the dead and execute them again?

Ann has been on this board a long time, and given lots of Godly advice. For the six months that you have been here, you have done nothing but leave a trail of smart alec remarks, insults, unScriptural statements, and basically, just being a troll. For you to tell someone like Ann they are thinking wrong, coming from you, is the height of the ridiculous.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

------------------

#25 saturneptune, Dec 15, 2012
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
    people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

Morgan Freeman

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks for the post. To get ratings off the backs of the grieving families is dispicible enough, but to glorify the thug who did this is beyond belief. One has to be near the lowest form of humanity to participate in this, and that includes those who have their nose super glued to the TV watching it. It is the exact same mindset of those who enjoy gossip in a local church.

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yep. :thumbs:

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Benjamin said that he trusts that this young man is in the right hands to receive justice for his crimes. You, Zaac, said that none of us have any method for trusting such a thing. I questioned what you said and you said that I'm thinking wrong because what was said about the young man?

The young man is dead. The Bible tells us that it is appointed for man to die once and then the judgement. According to the Scriptures, we absolutely do have a method to trust that God is dealing with this young man - and dealing rightly. He is out of our hands but in God's and there is no righter judge than Him. You disagree with this?

10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct. Could he have been saved? Well, I suppose he "could" have been. Jesus would have then atoned for his sins and paid his price. Personally, I find it hard to imagine he was living through Christ. Leftist seem to like to imagine people who do these kinds of things are living through Christ. I ponder the reasoning behind imagining such things to be true; their view of free grace or is it something else, such as their love of liberty to do whatsoever they want, I don't know the answer to this either? But, that is where we differ: "in what we imagine" but it doesn't change a thing that I trust he is in the right hands to recieve righteous justice for his actions against God and humanity now.

#30 Benjamin, Dec 15, 2012
  11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone wants to know what they can do to keep situations like the one in Newtown, CT, from happening again. My suggestion, find an "at-risk" young person and POUR your life into them. We may not be able to stop them all from making such terrible choices, but by God's grace we can stop a lot of them!

Dr. Terry Dorsett

12. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I believe this practice applies to all of our societal ills. An example? We won't get far with legislation in stopping abortion. However, when we meet these women with the Gospel and introduce them to grace, compassion, love, accountability and real options things can change.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And none of us don't have a method to know that God is dealing with this young man in the way that was mentioned.

Benjamin said There is no punishment we could administer on this earth that would ever come close to give justice for his crimes against humanity, but I trust he is in the right hands now to begin receiving it.

To begin receiving what? If he's in God's presence, there no punishment or justice to be received. Perhaps if he is in hell, there is that to receive. But all we know of this kid is that he committed those murders that we just heard of. Ain't nobody on here gotten any insight to who he was outside of what just happened so ain't nobody on here got any method for knowing that he's receiving any punishment or is being dealt with. He could have been saved and sanctified and STILL forgiven in spite of this.

what was said is still on the first page.

I disagree with what I said I disagreed with.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

BINGO!:applause:

15. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Zaac -

As much as I admire Mike Huckabee, he, in part, - is dead wrong. God cannot be “systematically removed” from anywhere. This tragedy did not take place because little kindergarten babies did not say, “God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for our food”, when they eat lunch every day. And…this was not part of God’s “plan” – as we mortals utilize that word.

A very false doctrine is created when one teaches that God can be manipulated by mankind and that He, in a cold and vengeful frenzy, kills their children.

The only thing we know is this – as someone else very eloquently said on another board yesterday - a wicked and sick person exercised his free will yesterday and "defied the very God who created him and gave him that free will". Just as Job did nothing and yet suffered from the evils that permeate this world, so did those 20 children yesterday. This was neither their fault nor the fault of that school for not requiring corporate public prayer.

Our only recourse should be lifting up those families in knee-callusing prayer – those who will endure a Christmas this year that is a living hell on earth.

And if we want to teach a theology about this tragedy, let it be this. Our God – who CANNOT be “systematically” manipulated by evil or mankind – is BIG enough to handle this when we can’t even understand it. He is BIG enough to take those family members who can only fall at His feet and only question Him and maybe even blame Him and grant them a mercy and grace and healing that we can’t. And He is BIG enough to take the rest of us who think we know everything and who in our small-minded gabfests - make God into something very small - and love us in spite of ourselves.

Some are saying that there are bigger spiritual issues at play here. I agree. All I am saying that we cannot trivialize the spiritual matters into trite and unthought out statements that place blame where it doesn't lie.

These children aren't dead because corporate prayer is not practiced at their school.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This statement is at odds with Scripture. To start with, the quote asks to begin receiving what? Romans says the wages of sin is death. Also, when one dies without faith in Jesus Christ, one receives just what the Bible says, eternal punishment. It is described wailing and gnashing of teeth, torment in fire, seperation from the Lord, etc. So that answers your first question. Your second statement says "if he is in God's presence." There is no if about it. He is not in God's presence. He is eternally seperated from the Lord. The way we know that there is a 99% + chance is that a saved person does not load a gun and kill 20 children and 6 adults for no reason. (unless of course you believe he confessed Jesus as Savior between murdering 26 people and committing suicide. Yes, he could have been saved in spite of all of this, but he was not.

The post shows a gross misunderstanding of Scripture and the Gospel.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Scarlett you're reading too deep. The country and schools are where they are because Christians have not stood the ground that God gave us and have practiced the same wickedness as the lost.

And as the country turns its back on God, the restrainer starts to step aside. we have allowed the world to systematically remove God from the schools and just about every place else in the public square. And if we don't want Him there, something else is gonna fill the vacuum.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No it doesn't because again neither you nor anyone else has a basis to say that the boy wasn't saved and sanctified and is now rejoicing in God's presence in spite of his final sins.

And you know this how? Because in his last moments he committed what folks consider a heinous sin? If he was saved before this, he was saved after it and is in God's presence.

Again, you don't know what he was. There is no difference between the wickedness of his acts and the wickedness with which you respond to every one of my posts. So if we deduce by his acts that he wasn't saved, do we do the same with you?

What your posts show is your unrighteous judgment and the unrighteous judgment of anyone who thinks they can send someone to hell and that person to be in the hands to receive judgment for their acts just because some think it impossible to be saved and do such a thing.

There are people of God in His word that were doing "unsaved" things all the time. It didn't snatch them from His hand.

And as no one on here seems to know anything about that boys life other than this tragedy that we've seen in the news, it is rather unrighteous and sad that folks would want anyone in hell.

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can only repeat myself.

God cannot be "systematically removed" from anywhere. I understand what Mike Huckabee was trying to say, but he said it wrongly and in essence - blamed the victims.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mike Huckabee is right.