1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Will We Stop Massacres at our Schools?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're free to have your opinion. The man simply restated what evangelicals have been preaching for decades: God has systematically been removed from the public square and He has.

There is Biblical testimony to Jesus leaving places because of a lack of faith. And this country doesn't exhibit much faith or desire to have God. So if the country doesn't want Him, why wouldn't He let the country systematically remove Him?

It will continue because God's people continue to practice wickedness and call it conviction and not repent.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

HERE you have the answer that the Israelites ignored before they were destroyed by the Assyrians. And the United States is responding CONSTANTLY, every time God allows something to happen, our response just like Israel's has been more defiance instead of repentance and a turning back to God.

And this is how I can tell you, it will continue because the only thing that can turn the tide, we aren't doing.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....not with this sentence. He's wrong.

I have the Ten Commandments on my public school wall next to my desk. We had "See You at The Pole" at the beginnning of school and a local pastor came and shared the gospel with the entire student body before school one day. Fellowship of Christian Students and Athletes are a big part of southern public schools. We sang Christmas hymns last year and many publics school I know of have Christmas plays and pagaents which feature the birth of Jesus in some manner.

God cannot be removed -systematically or otherwise - from any human institution. Humanity doesn't have that authority and God is sovereign.

Humans can ignore God and even pass meaningless laws to require others to ignore Him, but God cannot be silenced or removed.

Those children did not die because of any public school practice nor because they didn't have corporate public prayers. To say so is to blame them for their own deaths.

They are dead because we live in an evil world and an evil time where people worship themselves and rebel against God as a whole.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you ought to rethink what he said because it appears you have missed the point.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Which was my point. Huckabee nailed it.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yup - you hit the nail right square on the head.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fact is we need biblical principles, prayer, the Ten Commandments and our thoughts and inclusion of God in our minds and activities in every facet of our lives. It is not just schools but it certainly includes them. When we start removing the habits and symbols that keep God on the forefront of our minds then we forget and society falls deeper into the abyss.

We see in scripture that we need these things by simply looking at the command to have the Lord's Supper. It serves that same purpose. Lest we in the church do the same.

Folks who call themselves Christians who want to support a secular society have fallen into blindness and do not see just how that has taken America further and further from the Lord. She has never been perfect but we are much farther from God then we originally were.

We are the light in the world. God is sovereign but He does not just throw His influence out of the sky all by itself. He uses His people to share the gospel and be that godly influence. And we should be that influence in all areas to include our schools.

May the church stand strong and call out for biblical principles that the world may know that there is a loving Savior and the One, True, and Living God in heaven.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Would these well trained security officers be wearing uniforms? I think that could be a mistake for a couple reasons.

The first is that they make for prime targets as in "he's the (only?) guy with a gun, take him out first". Keep the crazies guessing. "Who's got the guns?" "How many have got guns?" "How many guns are we up against?" Knowing there are guns in the hands of people who are trained to use them but not who has them or how many have them might be a better deterrent than uniformed security. Banks have uniformed security and they still get robbed.

The second is kids are being treated more like criminals in schools than students these days. I did a lot of construction work in schools from 1990 to 2006. After 9/11 the whole atmosphere changed. Schools started to feel more like prisons than schools. It's like we've let even the threat of threats turn all of us into suspected criminals that need to be tracked and traced every minute.

It's no secret the government views even the most normal behavior as being suspect today. They've put out numerous reports confirming it.

I feel for the kids growing up in that atmosphere today. They're being conditioned to accept authoritarian rule without question and I believe having openly armed uniformed security officers patrolling the corridors of our schools would only serve to reinforce that conditioning.

#48 poncho, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

More evidence of a misunderstanding of Scripture. It is not that people are being "snatched from his hand," it is that they were never saved in the first place. Sorry, but I am not one of the board members that believes one can slip in and out of salvation based on actions in any given day.

Also, the quote was made that "people of God are doing unsaved things all the time." That is blatantly untrue. A child of God, a person saved by the blood of Jesus Christ still sins, but it is not a constant pattern with no evidence of Godly sorrow. It does not work that way. The old saying "I am saved so I can do anything I want" is not the way it works. There is a profound change in life when one is saved, not perfect, not sinless, but a change.

Also, have you ever read the Books of John 1, 2, and 3? John says if we do not love our brothers (that means do not shoot them if they are kindergardeners, or shoot your own mother), then the love of God is not in them. How can one love God who we cannot see when we do not love those we can see?

As Ricky Ricardo used to say, when it comes to some conclusions drawn on this board, "aye yi yi."

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And ain't nobody said anything about folks slipping in and out of salvation.

Boy what are you talking about? You just trying to find an angle to argue cause the folks with good sense know ain't nobody said anything about any constant patterns.

The boy mass killed a group of folks. You got evidence that he did it before? Otherwise there is no need to be bringing up no constant patterns.:rolleyes:

Irrelevant to anything that's been said by anyone to this point. we know of ONE thing that this boy did. There is no basis to measure whether or not he had a profound change or not and then just snapped.

My gosh. You need to stop. One would think you've never sinned against your brothers. Your actions to every post I make is again testimony to your pretty regular sin against your brothers. So if his sin was testimony that he didn't love his brothers and the love of God wasn't in him, then neither is it in you.

Ain't that the truth.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is a fact that some people read the Bible without an ounce of common sense. In most companies that one works, there is a concept called progressive discipline for normal infractions. It might start off with a verbal warning, then a letter of warning, followed by some form of suspension, and finally getting fired. Some offenses are so outrageous that progressive discipline does not apply. For example, if I steal the biweekly payroll, I am not going to get a verbal warning.

For anyone to say, moments after killing 20 kids and seven adults, including one's own mother, that he lived twenty years without doing that, as evidence of a regenerated person, has missed the total concept of the Gospel and the Lord's purposes. So do you also hold out redemptive hope for Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Saddam? After all, Hitler only exterminated six million Jews. If he was really evil, he could have killed ten million.
    And of course, you give this shooter, Hitler and others the benefit of the doubt, but how many did you directly or indirectly say were not children of God because they voted for the false god worshipper Romney. At least a dozen I can count off the top of my head.

In theology, I suggest you start all over.

#51 saturneptune, Dec 16, 2012
  12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

For someone to say that knowing of someone's ONE sin regardless of how heinous it may seem is evidence that the person did not have salvation has totally missed what Jesus Christ said when He stated "It is finished".

You're not the judge, jury and executioner. You know NOTHING of this boy's life except this one act that you've read about. And frankly whether you like it or not, this act is not capable of keeping him out of heaven if God had already redeemed him.

Christians just have a really easy time thinking that their sin is less wreteched and vile than that of the murderer in of course their own eyes, but certainly not God's eyes.

Why would I be holding out redemptive hope for dead people? If they were redeemed then they were. If they weren't then they weren't . What has become of the dead is none of my concern.

But neither you nor anyone else on this board knows based upon what you've heard about this child whether or not he was redeemed so stop acting as though you do.

Again, it's obvious your brand of Christianity thinks you get to decide whose acts are heinous enough that they deserve to be in hell. You can save all your rambling about Hitler and the others because they didn't kill anybody in Connecticut and thus have nothing to do with the conversation other than you trying to force a point about something you ABSOLUTELY don't know.

You're not his mother, father, pastor, teacher, friend, or relative so you have no idea if that child had been redeemed and was a changed person and just snapped.

There are plenty of folks who have had chemical imbalances or who were bipolar who have done some crazy things to the point of taking their own lives. None of that changed whether or not they have been saved.

Your speculation about what you think you know ain't worth a hill of beans. why don't you spend some time praying for the child's family and the folks of the community instead of trying to place him in hell by YOUR proxy when you know of one thing in this kid's life?

In being quiet and receiving discernment from the Holy Spirit, I suggest you get to the foot of the Cross.

#52 Zaac, Dec 16, 2012
  13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

#53 saturneptune, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns

A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to pass a law specifically allowing teachers and staff to pack heat when classes begin later this month.

Trustees at the Harrold Independent School District approved a district policy change last October so employees can carry concealed firearms to deter and protect against school shootings, provided the gun-toting teachers follow certain requirements.

Superintendent David Thweatt told FOXNews.com the policy was initiated because of safety concerns."We have had employees assaulted before by people in the last several years," Thweatt said. "I think that safety is big concern. We are seeing a lot of anger in society."

He wouldn't comment further on the nature of the assaults.

The Texas superintendent linked gun-free zones with the uprising of school shootings in recent years.

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is rich. You judge others for voting for Romney--we are sending people to Hell with our poor witness--yet you reserve judgment on a mass murderer!

A person mass murders 28 people and we are not to question their salvation. However, in Zaac's world if a person says they are a Mormon they are DEFINITELY not saved.

If you wear magic underwear you are going to Hell, right?

Puh-leeze. God help us if truly born again people are capable of 'snapping' in this manner.

Sounds like a great signature line for you to use.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I just wonder what the new solution will be when, not if, one of the teachers or administrators kills themselves or shoots one of the kids, or the kids manage to get their hands on one of the guns.

I don't blame them for trying. But this won't end well either.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Realize that story is 4 years old.

18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because one is truly born above doesn't make one exempt from mental disease that'll make one snap in this manner.
    that is not to say Adam Lanza is indeed born from above.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It sure is rich as there is such a thing as righteous judgment. And yes, if you a Christian supported Romney, that which is against Christ, you may have been helping to trip people up into hell.

There's no conflict.

In the Jesus Christ centric world in which Zaac exists, if a person is worshiping a god that is not Jesus Christ, then you're darn skippy they aren't saved.

I know it's hard for some of you to get your minds around because you're still upset that your false god worshiping candidate lost and thus you need to try to make this about the false god worshiper. But ALL you know about this boy is that he killed 28 people.

And you for sure have told 28 lies in your lifetime since being saved. If you're questioning the salvation of this boy based upon 28 sins, then question your own too.

All you know is that by man's standard he's heinous enough in your eyes to be in hell. Well so are you but God saw fit to save you and keep you saved in spite of your 28 lies and every other sin you've committed since being saved.

If your testimony is that you worship the god of Mormonism that is not Jesus Christ, you're darn skippy again. That person is going to hell. This isn't complicated.

Pride is an extremely ugly thing. Neither you nor any one on this board has any idea what that child may have been dealing with and for how long. Truly saved people snap and do stuff they shouldn't every day.

And it is a foolish man who thinks that other than by God's grace he doesn't do a lot of the same stuff that he thinks "truly saved people" can't do.

Truly saved people lie, steal, cheat, fornicate, commit adultery, AND murder.

Definitely apropos for some of the mess yall attempt to dish out. :laugh:

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The point is that if one school district can decide to make defending their students against armed threats instead of making them easy targets for any nutjob with a gun a priority the rest of the school districts in America can do the same.