1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How will you spend Halloween?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 10, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure why you enjoy attacking my comments, because your comments are not WJWS.

STILL, I LOVE YOU because He first loved and forgave you! Don't want to be guilty of the hidden agenda you demonstrate when responding to me. :confused:

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does Scripture say about lying?

You are not the victim. You were caught with evidence. Own up to it, and do not try to make it about others.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I returned the 'dumb' you gave me, there is no 'bald-faced lie' button.

#23 kyredneck, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  4. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Some of you would really benefit from a longterm study and reading of Philippians.

Php 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
    Php 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
    Php 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
    Php 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Why can't we just rejoice in the preaching of Christ instead of arguing and complaining about every little thing about Evan?

Some of you I just really struggle to see a Christ focused life. To live is Christ, but for some of you it seems to live is to criticize and sit on BB all day. Why don't some of you try going out and doing something for Christ? I am all for standing for truth and correcting someone, but the spirit manifested by some on this board sickens me. "if I have not charity it profiteth me nothing"

Some of you need to work on having a Gospel centered and Christ focused mindset coupled with charity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I do need to spend less time here.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    perhaps you do Larry however I need a strong PB to keep me balanced & indeed I get allot out of your posts. Now this place should not be consuming all your time, you have a life but if you enjoy the interaction then consider it favorably. Just don't let it become an obsession.

Be well brother

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ("Oops" post for me, disregard...)

8. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

At the risk of being cast into the boiling pot of those other redundant redundants, I too plan to open my little condo's "not exactly 99.9999....% spotlessly clean (being handicapped w/ a stroke has pretty much lowered my standings on the "Eons of time greatest house cleaners" list.

I didn't realize that the carpet that was in my condo in 2005 when I moved in was actually still there underneath all that ["You DON'T wanna no!....Believe me!.....YOU don't WANNA no!]!

Anyway, I also look at this as an opportunity to give out "Halloween-Themed" Gospel tracts to the little ones (When they're the "outside wrappers" for Kit-Kat candy bars, they usually are accepted!) also to the older ones (With said Kit-Kats if they so wish.) I also give out the well-known "Heaven's Gate" tract ("If you were standing at the Gate of Heaven and God asked you ...").

So far, there's not been a "thousands and thousands" coming forward to ...," but I don't mind. After all, that's God's business to move on hearts/lives.

What He's called us to do is to be "'Seed Planters' and/or 'Waterers' just like Paul wrote to the Corinthians concerning the "Paul vs. Apollos" contest in 1 Corinthians 3:5-9.

Selah.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had a harvest party at our church to get the folks (especially the kids) away from celebrating the devils holiday. No blood, no witches, no goblins, monsters, freaks, or zombies.

Tommorrow I will preach up a storm exposing the works of the devil just like I do every year at this time. May God bless it.

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

The guy who set up the inflatable climb and slide said it will hold me and I should do it. I decided to live to see another day.

11. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Went to the ball game (we lost, but played a good game, overall), then drove home to take the little ones trick or treating. Unfortunately, trick or treating got rained out, but our cousin threw a great party together for the children at the last minute.

12. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went out witnessing on Halloween. Also gave out candy bags with gospel tracts.

13. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not hand out tracts with the candy?

14. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the plan, as it has been the last couple of years, was to sit in the dark and watch how many (or how few) kids passed by my (dark) house. Since it was pouring down rain, I figured there wouldn't be anyone out trick-or-treating, so I ordered a pizza, some crispy chicken strips and a 2 liter of Coke Zero and had a great evening watching Doctor Who.

:)

15. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Saw all four of my grandparents. All 85 years old. I'm blessed to almost 39 and to still have them. They were all happy to see me healthy and cancer-free. They also spoiled my 8 year old son rotten.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

16. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I pass out candy and toys to all the kids that come by the weekend after the 10-31. I know, I know some say it is too late then but the seasonal candy is on sale and I will at least double the normal handout. I also get to eat what is left over.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Comma splice and should be "deed" of redundancy since his post is redundant to another singular post that you apparently made. I'm not a grammar nazi or anything like that. But for all these books you've written, your grammar can sometimes be rather atrocious.O O

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

If you are calling me a liar by posting another members quote saying just that ... WHAT PRAY TELL DOES that make you brother?

How about a GOSSIP? Roflmao

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You must have been awful at those connect the dots games as a kid, huh? If I wanted to call you a liar,you would have read that on the page. I'm not one for tiptoeing around what I intend to say. My response was to kyredneck's post. It answered his question. And yes that means you're guilty of doing exactly what he asked about.