1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will your church do their christmas program?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 14, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been to many Christmas programs over the years and while I think they all do a excellent job on presenting the story of Jesus, I think most of them miss the most crucial verse on the why of Christmas in 1 John 3:5,8 (NIV)

5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin....The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

The Holiness of God, Sin, hell, the coming judgment, and repentance seem to be hardly emphasized in most Christmas presentations, I know that the one the church had last night failed to mention any of these, but Christmas would have so much more of a value if people actually thought of the birth of Christ with real meaning. Sin is mentioned on occasion in various Christmas programs I have attended but hardly explained or examined in depth in the vast majority unfortunately.