1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How would it change us . . .

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Magnetic Poles, May 5, 2006.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

donnA posted the following on another thread:

This got me thinking...

What if there were no secrets? If we all could read each others innermost thoughts, would there be more wars, embarrasment, & hate? Would there be more empathy and love? If your every thought and memory were an open book, how would you change?

2. Petrel

Petrel New Member

The majority of us would commit suicide, and the rest would survive by spreading out to be out of range of telepathy. I'm afraid we'd probably go extinct because we would be too embarassed or humiliated to breed. :D

We are quite tolerant of ourselves but when we see our traits in others we tend to feel differently about them. I imagine many of us would dislike each other pretty strongly if we could instantly know what the other thought or felt.

I imagine there are people that would still be likable, but not so many!

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Surprise parties would be nonexistent. And pick-up lines in single's bars would not be needed. [​IMG]

4. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Disturbingly, there would be no need to explain to children about the birds and the bees! [​IMG]

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Most pastors would be INSTANTLY unemployed.

I mean...when someone says something idiotic at church, and we're thinking to ourselves, "My goodness, what an idiot!"

You get the drift. :D

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

This got me thinking...

What if there were no secrets? If we all could read each others innermost thoughts, would there be more wars, embarrasment, & hate? Would there be more empathy and love? If your every thought and memory were an open book, how would you change?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'd have to kill you all, because you would know too much... :rolleyes:

7. Kilad

Kilad New Member

But would we take ourselves so seriously?
    Or would mans innate ability to adapt cause humor to take over where anger once was?

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Radical honesty? No way THAT could work! [​IMG]

That is something that's happening in our world right now, and we're none the better for it. Technically we should be. Why aren't we?

Because we're too judgmental and too prone to evil thoughts.

When someone opens their heart, there are hosts of people who stand ready to judge them.

When people openly discuss problems with sins, we become somewhat hardened to them, or thinking about them becomes obsessive and can lead someone else into sin.

So, until we can quit being judgmental and sinful, which will not be until we die, we're better off trying to just do what is right, have the decency to keep personal things personal, and try to avoid conversations we know may lead us into trouble, even if there's nothing wrong with the conversation/topic in and of itself.

9. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Anyone ever read The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

If we were cursed with telepathy, we'd all start blabbering incessantly about any inane subject we could think of. If we didn't stop talking, our brains would start working. [​IMG]