1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How would you describe God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Amy.G, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

In light of all the discussion about general revelation I would like to ask this question based on Romans 1:20.
    For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
    According to this scripture the character of God is revealed in His creation, even that He is eternal and divine. So, if the only way you could know about God was to observe His creation, what would be your conclusions? And would you then embrace Him or reject Him?
    When I look at creation I see God all around me. I see that He is creative and powerful, beautiful, purposeful, orderly, mulitifaceted, intricate, glorious, mysterious, and even has a sense of humor. He provides for and sustains me, which tells me He cares for me. His creation touches all of my senses; sight, sound, touch, smell, even my emotions. How can I not worship Him?
    So, what does the creation tell you about God?

2. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Before space and time, He saw me, and loved me. All of this was created for me. I need only look to Jesus to stand in awe of Him as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

:godisgood:

3. Watchman

Watchman New Member

How do you describe God.

There should be no such thing as an evolutionist. To say that all of what we see and know of creation is the result of "random selection" is willful ignorance. Man is "without excuse" (Romans 1:20), if he believes anything other than believing in intelligent design by a Creator. I know that steps on some toes-so be it. If it comes down to Christ or Darwin it is no contest.
    There are some that say that God only made the base elements, but needed evolution to help Him out. I would not want to face Him who made all things: "without Him NOTHING was made that was made" at His judgement seat believing that!