1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How would you judge Casey

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Salty, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

If the reports are accurate, and I have no reason to believe they are not, I would toss the whole bunch out of court for wasting the court's time.

And strongly suggest to the "PC school bunch" that they find better ways of "teaching lessons", rather than hauling a kid into court!

But I'm only a 'layman'.

Ed

3. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I am so glad I don't live in Texas, Florida schools are bad enough. :BangHead: It is sad that common sense is not a requirement to teach in our schools, even worse is that it is not a requirement for those we trust to lead the school.

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

If I am reading this right the boy Casey never set the alarm off. It was set off only with a key at the office. And to say that this was a teroristic threat is rediculous as well as goes to show the teachers desire to exagerate the situation. This is mean, full of mailice, and appears to be against the law to file a false report against the boy. But the teachers union will stand by their own right or wrong.

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I agree that this is ridiculous punishment for accidental doing what this boy did; however, I would not be so quick to blame the teachers union. This is probably people who work in administration, and may not be related to the teachers union at all.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I did not make myself clear. This is the union mentality. It is engrained in union members and failure to support one another right or wrong would get you run out of town. The teachers union may not have taken a public stance on this but this is the rediculous union mentality.

7. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

From my understanding it is not the teacher, but the school principal, which is worse in my opinion. It is sad that such natural born idiots are charge of our schools. I hope that when all is said and done she is severely reprimanded and/or fired. Talk about taxpayers waste of dollars.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I believe charges need to be filed against her right after her firing. to treat a child this way is beyond applicable words.

9. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

This has nothing to do with the teachers union, nor some supposed union mentality. Lets call apples apples and oranges oranges. The one has nothing to do with the other. Zero tolerance policies are not a result of the union they are the result of the school system not being able to deal with problem students and the ever rising threat of drug abuse, sexual abuse, and peer violence. It is too bad that good kids get stuck in the system because the policies leave little or no room for common sense. Couple that with actual lack of personal common sense in school officials and we end up with ridiculous cases like Casey's.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

You and I certainly disagree. The teachers union has made school all about the teachers and very little focus on the students which is why they are there to begin with. Having been a part of a very big National union, and my father a union organizer I am not without my understanding of this.

11. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

No one is doubting your knowledge of unions or union organization. I am saying that zero tolerance policies are not about unions, point blank. They were enacted to try and curb school violence, gang violence, and ever increasing drug use on school campuses. Look at the history of the policies. They evolved from new drug enforcement regulations adopted in the Reagan era, i.e., the mid-80's. The first schools began enforcing them in 1989, and by 1994 and the Gun-Free School Zones Act they were pretty much nationwide. They cover everything from tobacco products and drugs to any type of violence and/or weapons. They have nothing to do with teachers other than teachers and administraters are expected to enforce the policies. The problem with these policies is that they across the board severely punish all offenses, not to mention school districts have adopted across the board policies, so that an elementary student and high school student are under the same restrictions. That's not really a problem until a 1st grader brings a nail clipper to school or kisses a girl on the cheek, etc. Then the consequences of across the board policies show their absurdity. For every succesful case there is a complete disaster of a situation that leaves everyone wondering how our school could have gone so wrong and why administrators refuse to use common sense.

#11 Filmproducer, Mar 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2007
  12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

While I believe the zero tolerance policies are a result of the teachers union lobbyists it is important to also not that this is more than just what is happening to the student. This principle has to have the support of her peers else she would be revealed for the fraud that she is (if the story is true). Someone else should speak up and tell the truth. But in the union mentality even the wrong and incompentent get rotection and keep their jobs. You and I will just have to agree to disagree but this has union written all over it.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Political correctness and sometimes a ridiculous form of "zero tolerance" have replaced good sense and good judgement of administrators and teachers in public school systems all across the nation.:BangHead: