1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured HPBC Relocates, Drops Baptist from Name

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Jerome, Sep 9, 2012.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Okay,, gotta join the party.

I was there from 76-83. Met my wife there and had two sons born there. Amazing memories of a precious time. It was not perfect, but a lot of who I am today was founded there.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used to be on a TTU facebook page (it wasn't the official one), but left it because there were so many there just bad mouthing the school.

Is the deaf ministry still a part of TTU?

3. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, we all went to different classes together. :love2:

You're right, it wasn't perfect but I learned alot about ministry by being involved there. I watched leadership in action with Drs Faulkner and Roberson.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

In a way... they have an excellent (award-winning) Interpreter Training Program, although I am not aware of any Deaf students attending there now. The Deaf alumni (and workers with the Deaf who attended there) had a wonderful reunion there last year and it was well-attended. It was amazing to see how many of us are still in ministry. I would say that out of 100 or so that attended, 70% of us are serving the Lord.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just got off the phone with the alumni directory lady. She got all my info, then made the pitch: $108+ for the directory. Oh, but you can have the paperback version for $20 less. That's not going to happen. :BangHead:

7. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause: :applause: I get those every year. My response is the same as yours.

8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well they lost us for awhile, but I guess they found us now. Maybe some Temple grad out there is looking for us to support our ministry. :saint:

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Hmm, they never call me. Guess I haven't sent them enough money, although I did just send them $15 for a transcript that I needed for a job.

10. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know how they found me way over here! Haven't sent money in a lot of years. Now that they have your address, they may come after you. :eek:

Keep after them about that transcript if they don't send it right away. Some years ago I had to go in person and get the boss out of his office to get a transcript.

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

It only took them two weeks this time, and they sent me a nice e-mail letting me know it went out. Part of the problem is that OUR records are buried in the archives somewhere. Newer students' records are on a disc or hard drive.

12. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know nothing about this church, but...interesting. Don't know them or their reasons well enough to comment further.

I no longer consider myself as aligning with the IFB, but I do hold to the five fundamental doctrines, so I do fit the bare bones definition of a fundamentalist, I think. Other than that, though, it seems my outlook and philosophy differs from the IFB.