1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Huckabee: If Court Rules Gay Marriage a ‘Civil Right,’ Pastors Must Comply or They’ll

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 20, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would also add that being incorporated in no way holds the church back from following biblical principles or scriptural mandates. That is the fallacy.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would limiting services to members of the church help?....or would limiting membership itself be considered illegal?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most churches do limit services to members only. The problem will arise when we will not let members be homosexuals. In other words open and active homosexuals will be refused membership as usual. Then we will have those who come into the church that will not reveal they are gay until after receiving membership and then cry fowl when they are disfellowshiped.

During arguments made at the SC Roberts asked the folks from the admin how it would effect the churches if the court ruled in favor of a right to homosexual marriage. The attorney fro the admin tried to ignore the question and then Roberts pressed him further (should have scolded him) his answer was yes that will be an issue.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the information. In a way, it would be refreshing for the church to take a stand that carried consequences.

5. Br. Dan

Br. Dan Member

No need to be sorry, you are entitled to your opinion, it's no skin off my nose. I thought this was a gentlemen's conversation. I pray
    that no church members ever have to find out the hard way. I hope these issues are resolved and churches are given a pass.

Notice the disclaimer "generally protected"? In other words, not always. Yes you are correct to assume that many times the lawsuit will only go after the corporation, it is generally an easier target and generally has deeper pockets. However, that is generally only the case of an individual or group of individuals bringing suit against a corporation. As many corporate leaders have learned the hard way, that is just not always the case when a government agency is bringing the suit. I gave two examples (a non-profit and a for profit) of corporate leaders serving jail time and forfeiting personal property. So to arbitrarily declare that my argument is just not true, seems to me a logical fallacy. However, I hope we never have to find out which of us stands correct on the issue.

#25 Br. Dan, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  6. Livingnow

Livingnow New Member

It's inconceivable that a pastor would keep on marrying people who are not member of his church. Both may not, but a least one of them has to be a member. Well, we're moving into perilous time. We're witnessing how Satan is using those in high position in order to advance his destructive agenda. The problem is that as we're moving toward the end, we as Bible believing Christian will certainly find ourselves in a much tougher position with this issue because we don't have that many officials that we can rely on in order to fight for us. We're now at a point whenever this issue makes it to the court, it's more likely to win.