1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Huckabee Republicans want libertarians out of GOP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Feb 2, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, apparently, the "Mike Huckabee Wing" of the GOP doesn't want libertarians in the GOP. They want libertarians to support the Democrats. That's fine with me. Go Obama! Go Clinton! :

Former Huckabee spokesman, Joe Carter, who is now with the Family Research Council, explained how Huckabee would reshape the GOP:
    “If Gov. Huckabee is the nominee, you’ll see a shift from where the GOP is now…I see politics as more of a split between libertarians and conservatives than liberals and conservatives. If you let the libertarians go over to the Democratic Party while the Republicans win the votes of entrepreneurs(engineered via Hucks tax policy), you’re talking about a new majority party.”

- www.thelibertypapers.org/2008/02/01/mike-huckabees-war-against-libertarian-republicans

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that attitude prevails in the RNC, which it will not, there will never be another Republican President. That may just be part of the last gasp from the Huckabee campaign. On Tuesday, Huckabee will be out of the race.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'd like to see the full context of the quote. Chip Saltsman, former GOP head of TN, is one of Huck's high level advisers, so I don't think everyone associated with the campaign is anti-Reagan. But I wouldn't argue that Huck wants small "l" liberterian conservatives like myself in the GOP (Liberty GOP types).

I, too, think Huckabee is likely doomed, despite the fact he is set to win at least 2 or 3 primaries Tuesday.