Huckabee, Still A Bigot?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KenH, Dec 10, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that Huckabee's pandering to the worst elements among Republicans will earn him the GOP nomination ultimately. I think better of Republicans than that. But it will certainly cause a general election campaign for president by him to crash and burn.

www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/12/09/huckabee-still-a-bigot/

I'm not sure that I would call Mike Huckabee a bigot. I think he is just plum arrogant and has the liberal mindset in a conservative wrapper that he knows what is best and is willing to use the power of government to enforce it.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1
    Expand Collapse

As maybe the only brother in Christ that has a chance of being elected, you'd think the Body of Christ would support him, not castigate him. You shouldn't attack his character just because Paul is fading, or because of the thoroughly corrupt condition of the south's politicians. They lead many astray.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles
    Expand Collapse

Nice slam...you deem all other candidates to be non-Christian. :rolleyes:

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1
    Expand Collapse

You have trouble reading, don't you?

5. Martin

Martin
    Expand Collapse

==People should be elected to office because of their qualifications and ideas. Being a Christian is great, but it does not mean that one should be elected President of the United States. Huckabee has made statements, and proposed various plans, that should cause us to think twice about supporting him. There is nothing personal in that for me, it is just facts. I am not supporting Huckabee because my view of the role of the federal government is very different from his.

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough.....

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire
    Expand Collapse

I don't think anyone would call him a bigot on the above but a liberal or a person trying to spread things about him. I for one don't see a problem with what he said.

I have read where folks with AIDS have sex so they can spread AIDS because they have it, other spread it and don't know, even others do correct and don't spread AIDS.

My father after WW2 was isolate from us for about a year and a half to two years, due to TB. It is true that we have isolated folks in the past and it wasn't a civil rights issue instead but a health issue, as in my family.