1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Huckabee's stock rising in IA

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by bobbyd, Nov 13, 2007.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Looks like with the Hawkeye Caucii just a couple of months away Huckabee may actually be in the top tier now.
    The latest CBS News/NY Slimes polls being released tomorow has Romney at 27%, Huckabee at 21%, Rudy at 15% and Fred Thompson at 9%.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the fact that the GOP has cast its lot with big government liberalism and has become Democrat Lite this development does not surprise me in the least.

3. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

Huckabee and Romney Now Virtually Even in Iowa

Oh boy. Hold on folks. The latest poll is out in Iowa conducted by the American Research Group and it shows that Mike Huckabee is now in a virtual tie with Mitt Romney for first place in Iowa. Are you kidding me? Read about it here and here.
    The poll shows Romney at 26% and Huckabee at 24% among “Likely Republican Caucus Goers” . The news actually gets better for Huckabee further into the poll. Among “registered Republicans saying they will definitely participate in the Republican caucuses”, Huckabee leads 24% to 23%. Remember, this is with ZERO TV advertising. Romney has been up numerous times and spent a lot of money. What’s going on here?
    Maybe I should move The Brody File headquarters to the Des Moines Marriott. Clearly we have a race in Iowa. What happens when Huckabee goes up on TV? The money better start rolling in quickly or he could miss an important opportunity to capitalize.
    I’m sure some Romney fans will criticize the American Research Group polling but a quick search of the Romney campaign website shows them actually quoting from that group’s poll when their guy had the lead. The sample was 600 registered voters. Not huge but nothing to blow off.
    Having said all that, let’s remember Romney has a strong message, money and maybe most importantly a great ground game in Iowa. For Huckabee to win, it will require more than just a message. Blocking and tackling are key factors too.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/270578.aspx

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I reckon those of us who had to put up with Mike Huckabee as governor will just have to spread the facts about this big government liberal whose only tie to conservatism is being pro-life.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

He is a whole lot closer to conservatism than ronnie.:thumbs:

#5 2 Timothy2:1-4, Nov 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007
  6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you believe that, Timmy, then you truly don't understand the concept of conservatism. I suggest that you find a copy of The Conscience of a Conservative by Barry Goldwater and read it.

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

At the risk of being redundant legalizing abortion, drugs and protitution is not are conserative values. They are as liberal as the day is long.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Libertarians share positions with liberals on civil libertiies. Libertarians share positions with conservatives on economic liberties.

That is why I am a libertarian as I am consistent on supporting liberty in these United States. I want the government to leave other people's non-violent personal choices alone just as I want the government to leave my non-violent personal choices alone.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Grabbing on to some conservative points does not make you a conservative. Claiming to be a conservative and espousing some veryb extreme and liberal points are contradctory and fails the test of conservatism.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please read this next sentence closely. I am not a conservative; I am not a liberal; I am not an authoritarian; I am a libertarian.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Great it is established that you are not a conservative.(making a mental note) And yet libertarians such as ronnie continue to make failed attempts to tie themselves to conservatism. And you implied that ronnie was more conservative than Huckabee. Conservatives hold conservative positions on both fiscal issues and social issues. Failure to do so leaves you out in the liberal cold.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read this sentence next sentence, Timmy. I am not a conservative.

13. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tied for second at only 12%, way, way behind Giuliani.