1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Huge Breaking Scandal:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 14, 2015.

1. targus

targus New Member

Unless you face the reality that we basically have a two party system and that a third party vote is a wasted vote that would only serve to have the greater of the two evils put in power.

If I vote for a third party instead of a Republican my vote is wasted because a third party candidate would not win and it would only serve to help the Democrat.

2. targus

targus New Member

Who owns washingtonsblog.com and who do they contribute to?

Don't know you say?

If not - why trust what they put out?

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm never gonna get this whole Christian voting for evil thing. It's like telling your daughter to marry the man who beats her less.

So you're not voting to fix anything. You're voting to foil the Democrats who really aren't running anything anymore than are the Repubs.

Nothing but more manipulation by the folks who are really running things. They might throw you a bone every now and then to make you stay committed.

But this is theater.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You mean there are two of us given that assignment. And I thought I was all alone except for that lil banjo playin monkey who shows up on occasion!

5. targus

targus New Member

So then you always vote third party?

Did you not vote for Obama?

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think he's telling the truth as he see's it Zaac.

I couldn't agree more. I would take it a step further and suggest that we look for signs of psychopathy in potential candidates. This includes democrats, republicans, so called tea party candidates, third party candidates, all candidates of every stripe.

In some ways this is true IMHO although I disagree with the premise that there is no possible way to verify claims or sort fact from fiction. The fact is it can be done it just takes more work than the average tv news viewer or radio talk show listener is willing to do.

Again this response is straight from CIA document 1035-960.

Most of the documents and evidence people who Targus would label "conspiracy theorists" use are of the "unclassified" government type, books and policy papers written by individuals and organizations deemed "credible" by the mainstream that are already part of the public record. These "conspiracy theorists" also make use of thousands of mainstream news articles and "leaks" of documents and policy papers, memos and what have you that have been published by the mainstream media which we assume to be credible and therefore never question.

Until someone not sanctioned by or working within the mainstream media produces them after the fact, then all of sudden these people become "fringe nuts" and "kooks" and the information they are providing becomes "bunk". Never mind that it's the same material and information deemed "credible" when it was published by the mainstream media.

"Connecting the dots", in times past this used to be called investigative journalism.

In those days journalists who were able to stay on a story and "connect the dots" were given awards and held in high esteem and called investigative reporters. Not so anymore. Now "journalists" are given awards and held in high esteem for their ability to report what "officials" mostly un-named "officials" at that say and their ability to defend the "official" government narratives and demonize and marginalize those who may disagree or question them.

Change due to technology. Yes I believe this is true. What's happened IMHO is that the mainstream media and the six conglomerated corporations that have had almost complete control of all the information we were allowed to see and hear has suddenly found it's almost total control of information challenged by individuals in the "alternative" media that don't have to worry about keeping their corporate sponsors happy or suffer the pain of their careers being ended by producing reports that might reveal the true nature and/or negative consequences of said corporate sponsors business practices.

I believe what we are witnessing is the mainstream media reacting to this new challenge of individuals everywhere being able to openly expose the false narratives and lies that mainstream media has been able to get away with for so long because it has had almost total control over information. They no longer have free rein to shape our perceptions, manipulate our emotions and mange our opinions without question and it's driving them bonkers.

Of course they're going to go all out to demonize and marginalize anyone that questions the illusion of "integrity and truthfulness" they once enjoyed.

That's right, you're powerless to do anything else. This is exactly what the PTB want all of us to think. We're all powerless to make positive changes so the best we can do is to keep voting and hoping.

Wonder where we'd be right now if people like Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks had adopted this belief?

#46 poncho, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think other than Bush back in 2000, which I regretted, I have always written someone in.

You insult my good Southern honor!!! I'm not voting for anyone who #1, ain't aligned with Jesus. #2 Is okay with killing babies or adults. #3 People cry and faint when they are in his presence. Still shaking my head at that one.

There's entirely too many conservative Christians to keep settling for the same old just because that's who gets the nomination.

But election after election, most everyone falls in line and those "convictions" take a back seat to beating the other party.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No offense OR but compared to Targus and a couple other posters here abouts you're attempts to use the techniques outlined in CIA document 1035-960 have been clumsy and amateurish.

You'd do well to study these techniques at the feet of a master like Targus as he has them down pat and knows exactly when to use each one for maximum effect. Evidently he's a natural and hasn't even had to read the document or study the techniques in it at all!

You might find this video useful as a study guide to build up your repertoire of talking points and help you hone your skills . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0sB0MF3Ozs :smilewinkgrin:

#48 poncho, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015