1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Human animal gene mixing

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Born Again Catholic, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You believe it's wrong, and I respect your opinion. However, it is NOT beastiality. Beastiality is people having sex with animals. Gene splicing is not having sex with animals.

2. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I agree with your definition. But to me mixing it is in a way equal to that. I, too, respect your opinion. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. LOL

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

4. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

I think what you people are talking about is just plain wrong!

If God wanted such a specimen to exist, He would have made one in the beginning.

Don't we have better things to do than think about this stuff?

Bible says "whatsoever things are pure...etc---- think on these things.

Peace,

Tam

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Uhhh ... in my first post, I was discussing "better things" like medical advances on the issue. Healing diabetes, heart disease, etc. Goof grief, my dear, don't throw the discussion baby out with our conclusional bathwater. Not everyone here agrees with the topic, but most of us believe it's a topic worthy of discussion.

6. Born Again Catholic

Born Again Catholic New Member

LorrieGrace

The reason mixing animals and humans is wrong is because it goes against the natural order created by God. There is a natrual law that is self-evident, and we have no excuse for going against it

In Romans 1, Paul addreses this further, effectively saying, the created world itself(nature) reveals God's truth to us, thus those who go against this natural order are without excuse even if they have never heard of the Gospel

Romans 1(KJV)
    19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Then later on in Romans 1 Paul gives an example of something that should be obviously wrong to all because it goes against the natural order of things, namely homosexuality.

Romans 1 (KJV)
    26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another;

Homosexuality, beastiality, contraception these all turn the the natural use of are sexuality, into an unnatural selfish act, designed primarily to satisfy the lust of the flesh.

The mixing of animals in human genes to create humanimals isn't specifically discussed in the Bible but it goes so far against the natural order any person christian or not has absolutely no excuse for not understanding that it is wrong. God has made it self evident through his creation.

Realted to contraception, the only contracpetive act described in the Bible (Onan) is punished by God with death (note the punishment for not providing your brother's wife with children was public humiliation not death see Dt 25)

Similarly all other purposely non-procreative sexual acts (homosexuality, beastiality) are also punished with death. Why are they and contraception so offensive to God, because they go so clearly against the natural order and we have no excuse for not knowing better.

This is Orthodox Christian teaching that all Christian denominations accepted until the 20th century.

Natural law was also the basis for the western legal system that is why contraception, abortion, sodomy were all previously outlawed. (Without a basis in natural law, why shouldn't a secular society allow contraception, or abortion or sodomy)

To allow for contraception starting in 1935 protestant church's had to give up 1900 years of consistent Bible interpretation and any belief in a natural law, even though Paul clearly says it exists, for all to see without excuse.

If protestant church's abandoned natural law is it any suprise the Supreme Court followed suit in abandoning natural law completely, 20 years later in 1955, overturning anti-contraception laws in Griswald vs Conneticut, again with natural law now abandoned you get Rov v Wade in 1973, and the overturning of sodomy laws in 2003.
    Again the justification for enacting and prosecuting these laws was they clearly went went against the natural order established by the creator. Without an appeal to natural law there isn't an effective legal reason to defend these laws. Unwittingly christians gave the anti-life movement its trump card by abandonibg natural law.

An now we we are faced with embryo research and the potential of humanimals as well as other even more horrible abominations, not specifiaally addressed in the Bible.

God Bless

PS
    The even more compelling argments relating to contraception deal with the unity of man and wife and Christ and his church, which can be clearly demonstrated from the Bible, and hopefully we can get to these eventually as well

[ November 01, 2004, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Born Again Catholic ]

7. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

BAC,

You are relentless with the birth control issue! I admire your tenacity, but I will have to disagree with you. You are mixing apples and oranges in my opinion.

I am concerned for all those babies that are in deep freeze somewhere because the parents decided that they didn't need to use them.

8. Born Again Catholic

Born Again Catholic New Member

Being desribed as relentless and tenacious is much better than being called extreme, thanks LorrieGrace, I am glad we are making progress.

9. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

BAC---LOL Just because we do NOT see things at all the same, we can still be friends.

10. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

BAC, BTW, do you know someone that goes by Catholic Friend? I met him about 4 years ago on a BB that is now close, but we had our "discussions" for about 2 years. I think of him often and wonder how he is. I cannot find hardly any of those that I used to post with. When I went back to school to finish my BA, I didn't really have time and lost touch. Now that I am through, I have lost where my buddies are hanging out.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I must agree. LorrieGrace and I politely isagree on the main topic, but I do think that the birth control issue is a completely separate issue in regards to this post.

12. Lori

Lori New Member

Main Topic: Human and animal gene mixing

Umm one word: eww

azwyld
    <*}}}><

13. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Here ya go....
    Leviticus 19:19~
    Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

I'm assuming this also means human and animal gean mixing.

Good Day! [​IMG]
    Music4Him

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

This verse discusses the concept of mixing materials and fibers that are of completely different characteristics for the purpose of clothing and textiles. These verses also allow for the mixture of certain fabrics while being within God's Law. These verses ensure that low quality fabrics are not produced. When you mix fibers of varying characteristics, you create a fabric that is of low quality and will wear out quickly. The Jews believed that wearing clothing of quality (not necessarily expensive, just well-made) honors both yourself and God.

The only arguement in regards to technology one might be able to make with the chapter is that man-made fibers are forbidden, but even that would be a bit of a stretch.

15. music4Him

music4Him New Member

This verse discusses the concept of mixing materials and fibers that are of completely different characteristics for the purpose of clothing and textiles. These verses also allow for the mixture of certain fabrics while being within God's Law. These verses ensure that low quality fabrics are not produced. When you mix fibers of varying characteristics, you create a fabric that is of low quality and will wear out quickly. The Jews believed that wearing clothing of quality (not necessarily expensive, just well-made) honors both yourself and God.

The only arguement in regards to technology one might be able to make with the chapter is that man-made fibers are forbidden, but even that would be a bit of a stretch.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You might re-read that scripture...."gender" = "to raba" (look it up in the strongs bible dictionary. That scripture is talking about a little bit more than "fabrics and fibers". ;)
    But if in your context if would still follow that if the God don't want fabrics mixed then it ought to follow He don't want animals and humans inbred. You think?

[​IMG] &lt;--**Music4Him blushing**

16. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Johnv, did you read it again?

Lev 19-19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

It means that to mix one kind with another kind is not to be done.(like cow and a deer for instance)

Also GRAIN is not to be mixed. In our language that would be hybred corn etc. Some of the grains they have spliced animal DNA into, etc.
    :eek: :confused:

I know that sounds weird, but it has been done.

Working for Jesus,

Tam

P.S. So music is right. Theres the scripture that proves it wrong.

17. billwald

billwald New Member

Gene splicing occurs naturally

&gt;the only contracpetive act described in the &gt;Bible (Onan) is punished by God with death

Misinterpretation!

&gt;Similarly all other purposely non-procreative &gt;sexual acts (homosexuality, beastiality) are &gt;also punished with death.

And masturbation?

18. Lori

Lori New Member

Hmm....it could be kinda fun to have a tail...maybe some whiskers...miaow, riaow...maybe then I'll be able to tell my kat to shush in the middle of the night when she stars in on her sonnata. :D [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

azwyld
    &lt;*}}}&gt;&lt;

19. dawna marie

dawna marie New Member

I dont think its a good idea to have scientist's messing with God's creation. they shouldnt be messing around mixing genes together.

20. music4Him

music4Him New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]