1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Human Emotions

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by quantumfaith, Feb 14, 2013.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe we were made in His image and we reflect many things from God except His power of course. I've read where people here on this board do not believe God thinks about anything because He already knows it He has no need to think. I disagree of course because God could not have repented that He ever made man.

The same people say this sort of repentance was regret. I disagree God changed His mind about man and decided to destroy man from the face of the Earth. Then God realized that Noah was a righteous man and did not deserve to die and in His mercy told Noah to build an Ark. This proves God thinks and can change His mind. If this weren't so praying and asking for something so unlikely would be useless. Prayer changes things and can change God's mind about certain things if it is His will. God doesn't change in His benevolence towards man but God can make new decisions.
    His decisions are based on His thoughts about them and His reasoning is also biased by His emotions. Which is His will. The will is also an emotion because it expresses desire.
    MB