Human?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea
    Expand Collapse

Is a human blastocyst a human being (from a Biblical perspective), or a small mass of undifferentiated human tissue?

2. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib
    Expand Collapse

3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib
    Expand Collapse

I got it! It means stem cells. I think it was relate to Christopher Reeve's desires. But, I still not certian, what's your point of question. Please explain the question more clear. Thanks.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

4. blackbird

blackbird
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

If its what DeafPostTrib is leading to---the Christopher Reeve stuff---a blastocyst is a human being. Just because he was superman didn't mean he had it all together in that catagory!

5. DeaconLew

DeaconLew
    Expand Collapse

ABORTION IS MURDER!!!
    LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION!!!
    WHERE DID THE "BLASTOCYST" COME FROM??
    HOW DID IT GET THERE!!

God help for your wreched soul if you think that abortion is justified in any form!

-DeaconLew

6. pastorjeff

pastorjeff
    Expand Collapse

A human stem cell is not a human being. Humans do not have to die to harvest stem cells. Adult stem cell and umbilical stemcell research is compleatly ethical and without sin. Those fetus that have already been destroyed is sin, but bush is doing the right thing to allow them to be researched, he can't bring them back. I am against embrionic stemcell research because it would require the destruction of human life, but the stem cell itself is not human, the means of aquiring them however is sin. Does this stance make sense?

7. Johnv

Johnv
    Expand Collapse

Scripture is silent on the topic. The only thing scripture says is that God formed in the womb, and that He knew us before we were born. The first time scripture referrs to such is when the six-month term "babe" (later to be John the Baptist) lept in his mother's womb.

8. Johnv

Johnv
    Expand Collapse

I will break ranks and say that abortion is justified when the mother's health and life are jeopardized, or in cases such as anencephally or tubal pregnancies.

9. PowerndBlood

PowerndBlood
    Expand Collapse

Tough question Craig, i have to go with the "who knows" crowd.

I don't think it will matter unless the human blastocyst can go to hell, then we need to do something for sure. ;)

To deep for me, brother.

10. pastorjeff

pastorjeff
    Expand Collapse

I will break ranks and say that abortion is justified when the mother's health and life are jeopardized, or in cases such as anencephally or tubal pregnancies. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I can't go with that one. That makes man the judge over whos life is more important. I don't see that as an option in scripture. It would be tough for a woman in this situation to hear, but the only answer is to trust God in those situations. I just can't justify abortion for any reason on a biblical level.

11. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea
    Expand Collapse

When a human blastocyst is destroyed, does it go to heaven, or hell, or . . . ?

[​IMG]

12. Artimaeus

Artimaeus
    Expand Collapse

Adult
    Adolescent
    Pubescent
    Child
    Toddler
    Infant
    Newborn
    Fetus
    Blastocyst
    Ferilized Egg

These are just terms for various stages of growth.
    There is a lot of difference between this stage... [​IMG]
    and this stage... [​IMG]
    But they are still human beings with NO REASONABLE distinction which would make one of them NOT human.

13. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib
    Expand Collapse

This topic reminds me of human clone. I am strongly against it. Because it is not God's Will. We have to accept what God created us as human. Let our body are natural, what we are created being.

Also, all of these different kinds of treatments to put into human with the cells, sounds to me, the mark of the beast is coming, because of latest technology stuffs like as chips.

I am opposite of all of these, these are against God's Will. We have to accept God's will, what He have designed and created us as human, also, we are in God's own image - Genesis 1:26-27. We have to accept God's own image, what we are created beings in His image. Also, Christ came to earth to become human like as us, so, He came to saved us from all sins through his own blood. We are saved through Christ's own blood in God's image.

People who are trying to developing different technology and doing biology. I heard the scientists or doctors are working on mouses or any kinds of animals, they removed animal's cell to replace into different animal's cell. That is against God's creation. That is what they are trying to doing on humans right now. That is against God's Will. God does not please with them what they are doing.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!