1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Humanism of arminianism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Brother sag.

We debate theology here. The Arminian view must be considered. I have been in the publishing business for a number of years. In the beginning I use to want to hide subjects from the public. I didn't feel as if some subjects should be talked about. Others told me I was wrong. I have found that I indeed was wrong.

When the subject is talked about openly, the truth always comes out. Its placed on the table and people talk about it. Some agree, some disagree. But in the end we all have a better understanding of the subject. Defending your views does indeed make you grow.

If you see the words on a debate board as hurtful, maybe this is not the place for you. Hardly anyone takes this personal. Please do not yourself. At times it is hard to tell if a person is anger or not. I have been wrong for thinking others were mad at me, and I know many times others think i'm mad/upset, when I am only playing with the poster.

In text posting, it is hard to carry over the spirit in which it is meant. Some use smile faces to try and let the other one know it is a joke. But still others use smile faces to mislead...saying what they mean, and hiding it with a smile. Bold letters are used my some to CRY OUT, but some use it to point out a key word.

I may not be worth trying to find out what the other paoter REALLY MEANT. Just work with the words they give you and don't worry about it.

I think you will find that if you disagree, you only need to express why you disagree. This will not distory your faith, but rather build it. In all the years I have debated Calvinism vs Arminianism, I know of only about 15 people that have changed their beliefs to Calvinism. Most....yes...HUNDREDS do not change but grow in their faith of Arminianism.

If you disagree, state why to teach others. This would be better than crying about it.

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Thanks for another quote.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Agreement here 110%

My conviction is if someone acknowledges the monotheist God of the Bible (YHWH). The situation of man being that he is in need of redemption from his fallen state and is unable to appropriate that redemption in and of himself. God's plan of ultimate redemption culminated in the life, death, burial and resurrection of His son Jesus the Christ. One acknowledges the person, role, purpose and their ultimate need for this person of Christ and believes in the their heart and confesses with their mouth that Christ is Lord, then they, as far as I know or can ever know, are members of the household of faith. Their doctrines may differ from mine, their interpretations may differ from mine, but any judgement about them being a "religion without the God of the Bible" will ONLY be in the purview of the Creator himself.

#24 quantumfaith, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
  5. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

I have resisted comment until now and I will let the scriptures do the talking:

1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
    1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
    1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Is a proud and haughty look or actions pleasing to the Lord? I think not. If we have professed Christ we are to abmonish each other as Brother's and Sisters.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quantum, then why were all the RC's pushed out....Answer at your peril my brother.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Brother, I think we are

8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Really?

You were on another thread. You could have said it was wrong for someone to say..."brethren mistakenly elevate Calvin to the supreme authority on all matters even surpassing Paul and the Holy Spirit.".....but you did not.

Why? Why is it wrong to take pot shots at Calvinist???

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    now you're getting me confused, brother.
    do you mean "why is it NOT wrong to take potshots at Calvinists" ?

10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

here is another web site that agrees wth Mink.

http://arminianheresy.blogspot.com/2006/05/humanism-of-arminianism.html

If you go to the link, you will find the famous Arminian prayer.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

On two threads this quote was talked about...

Non-Calvinist didn't see anything wrong with that statement. It was asked to give quotes...non were given. I don't believe Calvinist place John Calvin above Scripture, when most Calvinist have not read Calvin. With no proof I would call that a pot shot at someones faith.

Non-Calvinist laughed. Now they are crying. Why?

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

ha...its hard. I have no idea why somone would do this. But...what I did is read the headlines and if I wanted to read the post, I copied and pasted it into a text doc.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another good question....how did Reformed Believers get the name Calvinist anyway.....is this guilty by association or something?

15. Cypress

Cypress New Member

Brother, if the parts of your post that I bolded are indeed the truth, what is your opinion of why so few have changed their position. Honest question, because if it is true, it seems to me that truth seekers should be able to find it.:love2:

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ah, Brother Cypress.....many have.:thumbsup:

So I would have to disagree with Jarthur. I even see it happening more & more each day. Generally its gradual, but many fall into it given time.

#36 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
  17. Cypress

Cypress New Member

I agree, it waxes and wanes:love2:

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Cypress,

Good question, one I hope I can address to your liking.

I have seen more change than a small handful. I have witnessed a full church change from Arminian to Calvinist in just over a year. God has allowed even me to teach others one on one over the years. I write 3 columns that run in local papers. People know me as the Calvinist in my area and will call me up to show me where I'm wrong.

Will the ones that come with a debate mindset change? It is rare. However, it does happen.

Just in the last few months I meet with an Arminian believer that hated Calvinism in the beginning. Once a week to talked about the doctrines over a Big Mac. Each week the Arminian came with verses to blast me. I however never know this till last week. he never shared them. He said I always address the question before he got around to asking it. He now calls himself a Calvinist preacher.

I also have a Bible study in my home and other homes if they ask me, teaching the doctrines that they had never heard before. Most of the ones that come, within a year change to a Calvinist Church. Group settings seem to help. People don't get mad and blow their top in front of others.

I have had people get mad and storm out of my house saying they would never be back. They did come back and are now Calvinist.

So I am sure that people change.

However, people will not change in a debate. Or I should say...it is rare. On the internet, its even harder. People think nothing of telling a lie on the internet. So, they tell lies. Face to face, they are more honoring to others.

On the internet people hide behind something they are not. They google and post words, and take a hour to write 1 or 2 lines, chose words with care. They think they are being clever.

Face to face, people don't act this way. The truth comes, and there is no where to hide. I make them read the verse and ask them what it means. They will tell you. On the internet you ask them what a verse means, they quote another verse. Its all a game

The few that I have seen change in a debate (on the internet), it did not happen that moment. They went away and came back 3=4 months later saying they had study it and are now a Calvinist.

19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Getting back to the subject....

Mink also says...

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You didn't answer the question...do you agree with him?

Buddy, you cannot see when another poster reports a post...so leave the omniscience to God (the REAL God that both Arminians and calvinists serve).

I don't question the salvation of calvinists. You guys just like to take quotes out of context and how they were meant to say I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.