1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Humans and pit bulls

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: That was indeed his sister was it not? I would appear to me that some things God allowed for a time in the OT that would indeed be sin for me today. As I said, you ascribe sin wherever you so desire.

I cannot help but think this verse applies to many cases in the OT that some ascribe sin to, coming from our age that ‘should be’ now enlightened. Ac 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think your kinda splitting hairs here. If one has a proclivity to sin then that is a "nature" or "sin nature". This would be a moral corruption from birth (actually from conception).

"Yielding" would be evident very early, even as early as one or two years of age. Although we may not be able to see the disease reveal itself through symptoms until the baby is able to understand commands and disobey those commands, this does not mean that the disease does not exist yet within the child.

:jesus:

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I take from this post that you believe those who have never heard the gospel and had a chance to repent can plead ignorance and be saved?

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hagar was Sarai's maid whom Abraham committed adultery with. The lie was Abraham told the King that his wife Sarai was his sister.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

she was his half sister wasn't she?
    that would make his lie concealing the full truth, that not only was she his sister, but wife too, wouldn't it?

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure without looking it up, she may have been, but it was a lie nonetheless that could have placed Sarai and the King in a very sinful circumstance.