1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hundreds of WMDs found in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aubre, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

For which part? What I've said spans years; some of the sources have already been posted.

I'm not going to guess which part of the unclassified pdf says "otherwise" - please post what you consider the relevent passage(s) and why.

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Twelve years of evasion and obstruction weren't enough?

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Let's see....on one hand we have twelve years of evasion, obstruction and reluctant compliance (and no new forbidden weapons), and renewed inspections and on the other we have a destabilized region, terrorists hordes who weren't there before, thousands upon thousands of deaths & mutilations, a country bombed and its admittedly poor infrastructure wrecked and trillions of dollars spent.

I'll take the first hand.

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

It's probably the same weapons that we gave them back in the 1980's

[​IMG]

Weapons Found In Iraq Old, Unusable

But intelligence officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the subject's sensitive nature, said the weapons were produced before the 1991 Gulf War and there is no evidence to date of chemical munitions manufactured since then. They said an assessment of the weapons concluded they are so degraded that they couldn't now be used as designed.

They probably would have been intended for chemical attacks during the Iran-Iraq War, said David Kay, who headed the U.S. weapons-hunting team in Iraq from 2003 until early 2004.

He said experts on Iraq's chemical weapons are in "almost 100 percent agreement" that sarin nerve agent produced from the 1980s would no longer be dangerous.

"It is less toxic than most things that Americans have under their kitchen sink at this point," Kay said.

And any of Iraq's 1980s-era mustard would produce burns, but it is unlikely to be lethal, Kay said.

Source: The Associated Press

#84 JGrubbs, Jun 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2006
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The whole point is that the CIA used a false flag terror campaign to overthrow another government. Democratic or not what gives them or us the right to have people pose as a fake threat (terrorists) cause trouble and even blow things up (killing innocent people?) to force change in someone elses country?

If they'll so easily do it in another country what's to stop them from doing the same thing here? Because we have laws against it? Har har.

#85 poncho, Jun 26, 2006
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

So it's the "dumped" ones we're finding?
    Is dumped the same as hidden?

:laugh:

Thanks Daisy. I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

#86 carpro, Jun 26, 2006
  7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Much like I hide my sour milk and fizzy oj.