1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hunt elected president on first ballot

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Revmitchell, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

The 7000+ SBC Messengers, as a convention, seem to agree with this assessment, as well, considering Dr. Johnny Hunt was elected with over 52% of the vote, on the first ballot, out of a field of 6 apparently fairly 'well-qualified' candidates.

Ed

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

This insinuation of 'abandonment' is entirely uncalled for, IMO.

Dr. Bobby Welch served as pastor of FBC, Daytona Beach, for some 32 years, prior to retiring. It is hardly appropriate to imply that he "abandoned" this church, considering he served as her pastor for more than 6 times as long as the average pastorate in the SBC, on a convention-wide basis.

FTR, I would not know Dr. Bobby Welch, should I meet him on the street, and I have been a member of SBC affiliated churches for over 45 years, with over 40 at the church I currently attend, where I happen to serve as Moderator, at this time. Incidentally, I can name probably two thirds of the individuals who have ever served as SBC President in her now 163+ years, off the top of my head, I believe.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.