1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hunting vs Foraging

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Nov 21, 2006.

1. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is obviously a metaphor, to show that these animals were being "given" to Peter.

The vision described in the passages that this verse is in the middle of specifically included wild beasts, and Peter was being told to go kill them to eat. What else would you call this act? Last time I checked, the act of going out and killing wild beasts to eat was called hunting.

2. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I could care less what somebody calls it as long as they're ethical, they eat the meat, and enjoy doing so. There really isn't much of a difference. The only difference is that in your mind, there is a clear distinction between the two, but the only thing you have to differentiate the two sides is whether or not somebody gets excited right before the kill. That's it. I say there's not much, if any difference between these two groups based on your definition, because it's impossible to NOT get excited. Based off of your definition, ALL hunting is for sport and is sinful, which I don't agree with.