1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hurricane Ophelia

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by LorrieGrace, Sep 8, 2005.

1. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I just saw on the news that the storm is going out to sea and will then make a loop and come toward the east coast. No one is sure where it will make landfall at this time.

I live in Jax. Next week, when the storm would be coming this way, my husband is flying home to visit. He has been away in Iraq for a year. Also, my daughter, who is in the Army and stationed in Virginia Beach, will be flying in the next day.

I have not had my family all together at once in more than five years. I am not praying for this storm to go somewhere else and cause harm there, but I am praying it just will NOT make the loop at all. Please pray!

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Interestingly, family in Florida is saying it's "only" a Cat 1.

I guess that's what it's like when I tell people that an earquake was "only" a 4.0 .

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

My folks live in Cape Canaveral and right now they are on a cruise that left out of Port Canaveral. I havent heard from them but I guess they are stuck out there somewhere until this storm leaves.

4. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

LorrieGrace,

I'm just over the border from you in Georgia. Ophelia looks a lot like Jeanne did from last year.

I hope you have a great time with your family. Your husband's and daughter's service is not forgotten.

5. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Brother Ian,

I will be praying for you, too. If it comes here, and I know you know, that you will get the worst being on the upper right hand. Yet you modestly forgot to mention that. What a guy.

Thanks for all your prayers. When they said it was going to be active this year, they meant it. The next one will be Phillipe. My youngest son thinks that is "cool" (the weirdo, lol) because his name is Phillip.

JohnV, you are right. But at least with us, we get FAIR warning. All you know is that one minute the earth is still, the next it is doing the Twist. So, all in all, I think earthquakes are scarier.

PS104_33. Now, if I had to be stuck somewhere until things get better, I think a cruise ship would be the way to go. All that food, etc!! Yummy.

6. Rachel

Rachel New Member

[​IMG] That's true, a Cat 1 is nothing to us really. Especially after last year. :rolleyes:
    I'll take a hurricane over an earthquake anyday. :cool:

LorriGrace, I hope everything turns out good for y'all, that everyone stays safe.

7. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Thanks Rachel,

It is moving away now and I heard that if it loops back it might go to GA. But that was this morning. I have been running errands all day and just now am sitting down. I will watch the news at 5:30 and find out whats up. Now we need to pray for Brother Ian because he lives in GA.

Did you have any problems last year with any of the FOUR hurricanes. My house didn't get damaged but there were many in my neighborhood and surrounding area that did. Tragically, there was also a 14 year old boy that was killed by a falling tree. He didn't live far from my neighborhood.

I SO appreciate the prayers from everyone!