1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hurricane Wilma Aftermath

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mcgyver, Nov 3, 2005.

1. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

Hello all!
    First of all, I wanted to thank all who were in prayer for us during Hurricane Wilma......Your prayers were answered here!
    Secondly, I wasn't sure where to post this...so Mods and Admins...please feel free to move it to a more appropiate forum if you wish. [​IMG]

I want to give a brief synopsis of the way God has moved in our area.....I live in a small village in the Everglades, just 7 Miles from Everglades city...As you may know from reports on TV, we were hard hit..(one community, Chokoloskee; has almost ceased to exist). Our Area looked like some of the places I'd been during combat.....
    Something wonderful happened here though..and I wanted to share it with my brothers and sisters here at the Baptist Board.
    I returned to the area just hours after the Hurricane blew through, to start assisting in rescue and recovery efforts....Praise God there was no need for rescue...for no one was hurt or killed. Coming in we had to use Chain Saws to remove enough trees and power poles to allow us entry.....Within just a couple of hours..with darkness approaching...the residents by common consent banded together...and with chainsaws, manpower, and an impromptu prayer meeting started clearing each others property. Anyone who had water shared it with those who didn't....those who had gas stoves cooked a hot meal in the darkness so others could eat...In the following days; this has continued unabated..neighbor helping neighbor..
    And God has started a revival in this area which was so spiritually dark, rife with drugs and immorality!
    I have lost count of the people who have either re-dedicated their lives to Jesus Christ...Or who have come to know Him as Savior and Lord! In this little village of 250 people, over half have come to faith in Jesus Christ!!!
    Every service has been packed, There has been weeping, repenting, and rejoicing...I've seen people at the Altar who have never darkened the doors of our church...and they keep coming back.
    I am sure there are some who are experiencing the "No atheists in a foxhole" syndrome...but knowing these people as I do...And seeing the fruits that are even now being exhibited...For the vast majority conversion has been real! I rejoice in the truth of Romans 8:28!
    We have a long road ahead of us...many homes in our area were destroyed..Our water is unsafe...Many are out of work (and this is a poor area anyway)....But God is making Himself known in a very real way every day..Changing lives and Hearts....
    Keep us lifted up in prayer....I just wanted to give a little good news to all!

God Bless
    Your Brother John

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Thank you for sharing this, mcgyver! What a wonderful thing to happen! God is so good!

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Praise God!! With all the terrible news, thank God there are good things happening too!

God bless you and everyone down south! Keeping y'all in prayer.

Rachel