1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hyles Anderson College

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Preacher Boy88, Apr 26, 2005.

1. loving2daysyouth

loving2daysyouth New Member

Well, that's neither here nor there, a Pastor shouldn't be attacked for his stance, but his doctrine!

2. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

That is doctrine! False doctrine!

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or north Missouri for that matter?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But loving2daysyouth, is that not what you are you doing here?

HankD

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If someone is promoting false doctrine then it is the job of discerning believers to oppose it and point people away from it.

6. Soulman

Soulman New Member

You get the same beliefs out of the KJV as any other baptists. You folks gotta remember that if a church is kjo, they still believe salvation by grace etc. It is not a doctrinal iossue. It is preference. Many make such a big deal out of it because they feel they have to defend themselves. Say what you will. The kjv is still the best preserved translation in our language.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What Bible have you read? So you don't like Paul too much and God who had it recorded?

2 Timothy 4:14, "Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds."

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Au contraire,

When you say that the KJV is "God's preserved Word for the English speaking people" and that all other versions are a unmentional word in this forum, you have made it a doctrine.

When you call thoes who use other versions "heretics" and seperate from them, you have made it a doctrine.

When you say that KJVO is a matter of faith and you question the faith of thoses who disagree with you, you are makeing it a doctrine.

When you like Jack Hyles did, claim that a person can only be save from the KJV you have added to the Gospel of Christ and have created your own doctrine.

9. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you merely state an opinion.

No, you simply demonstrate a lack of compassion and forfeit any opportunity to minister to them. Still, it is no doctrine.

No, you simply demonstrate a lack of discernment. Again, forfeiting the opportunity to minister. Still, no doctrine.

I agree, this is false doctrine.

10. LarryN

LarryN New Member

No, you merely state an opinion.

No, you simply demonstrate a lack of compassion and forfeit any opportunity to minister to them. Still, it is no doctrine.

No, you simply demonstrate a lack of discernment. Again, forfeiting the opportunity to minister. Still, no doctrine.

I agree, this is false doctrine.
    </font>[/QUOTE]And yet, Hyles Anderson apparently does consider their position in regards to the KJV as a matter of doctrine. Otherwise, why would they include mention of the TR and the KJV in their "Doctrinal Statement"? (Current College Catalog, p. 5):

http://www.hylesanderson.com/haccatalog2004-2005.pdf

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Their TR merely states:

It does NOT say all others are exluded... ;)

12. LarryN

LarryN New Member

It does NOT say all others are exluded... ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Their Doctrinal Statement doesn't have to. By nature; and by definition; a Doctrinal Statement is a proactive listing of a group's non-negotiable, foundational, core beliefs. HAC's statement doesn't specifically exclude the Koran either; but its mere lack of inclusion is indicative of its exclusion. To say that one accepts the TR in a proactive sense is a defacto disavowal of any other MSS. In addition, since accepting the TR could potentially permit acceptance of the NKJV as well as the KJV- the HAC statement takes it one step furthur to proactively mention the KJV only; to the exclusion of the NKJV.

13. HappyG

HappyG New Member

Hey Loving2DaysYouth,

For the record, I could take you in basketball!

[​IMG]

14. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is off topic I realize, but the above post prompted me to share this with you. My oldest son is 21 years old. He and I are the same height but I have about 40 lbs on him.

We are going to Lamberts "The Home of the Throwed Rolls" in Springfield, MO on Saturday to meet his fiancé’s parents. He came home from work last night and asked me if I wanted to go outside and play some basketball. I jokingly replied, "Son, you know you can't take me." He kind of snickered so I added, "I'll tell you what, I'll play you and the loser has to pay for dinner at Lamberts." He readily agreed and we went outside and played 1-on-1 to 11, win by 2.

After about 30 minutes of basketball, several things were happening all at once. I was breathing very hard, the basketball court was spinning in circles, my 11 year-old daughter Amy was running to the house yelling, "Mommy, Daddy just beat Bobby!" The final score was 12 to 10.

Of course, we do not gamble in our home, so I am still paying for dinner tomorrow night.

Okay, back to the original topic.

15. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Don't DO that to me! I thought the next words were going to be, "...is having a heart attack!".

And you wonder why my hair is turning gray! :rolleyes:

16. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I can still beat my boys, but ONLY because I cheat!

17. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I love that exchange betwixt mom and son.
    I thought "heart attack" was coming in the next phrase also and I don't even know Pastor Bob!
    [​IMG]
    In HIS service;
    Jim

18. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by 4His_glory: When you say that the KJV is "God's preserved Word for the English speaking people" and that all other versions are a unmentional word in this forum, you have made it a doctrine.

I never said anything about the other versions. Why put words in my mouth?

Posted by 4His_glory:When you call thoes who use other versions "heretics" and seperate from them, you have made it a doctrine.

You keep saying "you". I didn't say any of that. I say to grab the version you trust the most and ride it out and hope you are right. I prefer the KJV.

Posted by 4His_glory:When you say that KJVO is a matter of faith and you question the faith of thoses who disagree with you, you are makeing it a doctrine.

I dont question the faith of anybody. I have enough to do with taking care of my own family. Do as you will and read a comic book for what it's worth.

Posted by 4His_glory:When you like Jack Hyles did, claim that a person can only be save from the KJV you have added to the Gospel of Christ and have created your own doctrine.

He was obviously wrong. Salvation is present in most versions'.

It is ok that you used my post to vent. However I still believe the KJV to be the best version. It's doctrines are intact as God preserved them. Other versions? I don't care. Use one if you will but there is nothing wrong with the KJV. :D

19. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Amen!

20. Paul33

Paul33 New Member