1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hypocrisy??

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by HankD, Dec 31, 2016.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hypocrisy? Obama punishes Russia for "crimes" he himself has been alleged to have committed numerous times:
    http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/reme...israeli-elections-oust-pm-benjamin-netanyahu/

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...dollars-to-defeat-benjamin-netanyahu-n2260711

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael...paign-structure-used-against-election-israels

HankD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Espionage is inherently hypocritical.

You get mad when you catch them (although you do expect them to be spying/interfering), and you try to cover up whenever you do the same thing they did.

3. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not quite true. Obama punished Russia for hacking our election in favor of Trump. Both the CIA and FBI agreed on this. Of course Trump thinks that he knows more about intelligence than these experts. If you think it was a problem sending emails over a private server (which Bush's administration did on the order of millions of emails) why isn't it worse for Trump to "tweep" openly to the world against American policy and in favor of our enemies? I shudder to think what he will do as President. I hope the Democrats try to block everything he does just as the Republicans did against Obama.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not quite true? In this case its either true or it isn't.

ALL administrations of almost all governments have hacked each other over the decades. It's nothing new.
    I was in an Intelligence/Information unit in the USAF in the 60's when there were only mainframes, we were doing it then we are doing it now.

Obama is using and spinning this baloney report to cast the blame off of the DNC and his own ineptness by thinking Hillary was certain to win (oops, so did I).

The voting system(s) of the various states aren't even connected to the inter-net but are stand alone systems.
    Anyone who works in a national security environment knows (if honest) what Obama is trying to do.

I support and voted for Trump but I don't like some of the things he has said and done - for me it was the lesser of two evils.

HankD

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    yeup, the voting systems are not tied into each other like the credit card systems.

7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrats in the House are an impotent minority. They have some leverage in the Senate because of the rules, but McConnell will resort to the nuclear option if he has to. Democrats have no hope of stopping Trump. Only Republicans can do that.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a given. You can depend on it. That's their history.

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, they didn't. The CIA issued a press release (that most of the mainstream media ignored) that the article in the Washington Post was a lie.

No, he doesn't. He just thinks getting the same information in the same briefing day after day is a waste of time.

You don't seem to understand the issue. It is not about sending emails. It is about sending CLASSIFIED emails over a non-approved, non-secure server. All classified emails must, according to federal law, be sent over SIPRNet for classifications up to Secret, and JWICS for Top Secret.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's what the Republicans vowed to do at the beginning of the Obama Presidency and that's exactly what they've done. That's why nothing has gotten done in Washington and why the last several Congresses have been rated as the worst in history. The Republicans had NO IDEAS of their own and America has just kept going down like a boat without a rudder. GOP leadership has said that they want to repeal Obamacare and replace it "sometime in the future." Quick, what is their plan to do that?

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess you will have to wait until they pass the bill for you to find out.
    :)

HankD

12. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So if a party has the power to pass proven horrible ideas into law and the other party has NO IDEAS at all, should we allow the proven horrible ideas to become law or try to block them? Well, it happened with Obama Care because at that time the Republicans could not stop it and the Democrats would not even listen to any ideas the Republicans had on the subject, they told them to "sit in the back and shut up, you lost".

Can you name one good idea the democrats had in the past eight years that they could not get passed because the republicans would not support it?

13. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's right! The democrats had no idea what was in the bill, they were just ECSTATIC at the chance to take another piece of control away from the people and expand the government.

They keep saying 20 million more Americans have health care now. And how many of those are paying for it themselves and not the tax payers? And how many of them can actually get to use the insurance by making it past their deductible? The insurance is junk.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes Health Insurance is Junk. My husband and I figured out that with between the premiums that we pay every months and the high deductible we have on me, we would have to spend over half of his take home pay in a year before insurance would even pay a dime. So when I go to the Dr. we just pay cash for me because that is the cheapest option as most Dr. office offers between a 20-30% discount for cash payers in our experience. Until health insurance is treated like any other kind of insurance it will be a mess for everyone involved.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prediction:

No matter what health care advances are made by the incoming administration a great hue and cry will go up from progressives with weeping, wailing, tooth gnashing and hand wringing "The nation is on it's DEATH BED AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!".

Yes indeed we are unless the LORD comes first.
    Plus, the mortality rate is 100% right now anyway.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1