1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hypocrites

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by tinytim, Aug 2, 2010.

1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Nothing like the old democrat verses republican nonsense. Both parties disregard the constitution and wish they could change many things about it. Very few politicians truly value and dedicate themselves to protecting and upholding the constitution. Obama would repeal the second amendment right now if he could. Bush gave us the unconstitutional patriot act.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does it say children born of illegal aliens are citizens?

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good. You just outlined the sentence that tells us children of illegal aliens are not citizens. Wanna try again?

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I haven't thought this completely through, but I would favor the interpretation that children born in the United States are citizens, regardless of their parents' citizenship status.

And, I would be gracious enough to allow he illegal immigrant parents to take their American-born children with them when we send the parents back to their home country. We would spring for the passports the children will need to get into that country, since they are not citizens.

The problem that I haven't worked out is what happens if the country, say Mexico, tries to deport the children back to America? I can imagine Mexico would let the parents go, but would we allow them back in this country?

6. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

But it is not a lawful act. It is a violation of civil law. The only real difference is the punishment that can be imposed: i.e., deportation instead of prison.