1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I am lucky to be alive!! Got hit by a car..

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So Evangelist, how are you feeling? Healed from your injuries I hope.

2. Andy_S

Andy_S Member

Hope you are recovering well, Evangelist.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I got hit by a car once when I was on a bike going through a parking lot of a shopping center. I saw the car coming and tried to stop, but the lady driving the car never saw me until after she hit me. She was driving across the lot and not in the lanes. I was all skinned up- elbows, knees, etc. but I finished my ride. After that if I went through a parking lot, I would stick to the edges and try not to ride down the rows.

That being said, there's no reasoning with some people.

4. Michaelt

Michaelt Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are a number of places that take deserted railroad trackage and make bike paths out of it. My daughter lived in Washington state for four years, and they had a few routes that were former railroad lines...was cool to ride them.

There are a few here in Arkansas, but not many, and seeing a lot of deserted rails just around the Central Arkansas area, I wish they would make more of them bike paths.

5. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

No problem. FYI. I am currently trying to figure our how to commute from Traveler's Rest to Park East (off Roper Mountain) by bike. A lot of that is pretty easy. The last 4 miles or so are a bit tougher. I am probably going to have to do about 2 miles on Laurens.

You might be surprised where you see transportation cyclists in GV, and the recreational cyclists are everywhere. If you get a chance, please look at the ticket and PM the specific citation. I will happy to take a look at the specific statute and maybe help with a point or two for your conversation with the judge.