1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"I can hear YOU!"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Scarlett O., Sep 11, 2015.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I can hear YOU!
    I can HEAR you. The rest of the world hears you.
    And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear ALL of us soon!!"

George W. Bush, September 14, 2001

He wasn't a perfect president or man. But I admire him so. He made us feel before and after 9-11 that being an American MEANT something good and positive. And that day ..... that day that he spoke these words to a man in the crowd AND to all of us who were in shock, he comforted us more than he knew.

I watched him live as I am sure many of you did. It wasn't so much that he threatened the enemy. I cried while watching him because his words brought a relief from the point of view of unity - a unity that only people mourning together can have.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree...............

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Double post.

#3 Rippon, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perfectly said Scarlett.

5. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

University of Illinois blocks 9/11 memorial, only to back down hours after pressure campaign.

The school backed down from its insistence that the campus chapter of the College Republicans not plant 2,977 small American flags on the quad as a memorial, following a short but intense pressure campaign by students...

Powell implied the irrigation system could be damaged by the flags.

In response, Piper wrote to Powell that using a method other than the lawn for the flags would “be a great cost and inconvenience” to the chapter. He noted that the flags only “need to be pushed up to half a inch [sic] into the ground.”

Piper also noted that the chapter had installed the same flag memorial, in the lawn, in 2012: “Has the policy changed since then? Could you provide me with the exact policy?

“I have a hard time seeing how this flags [sic] could cause damage to the irrigation system,” Piper told Powell.
    LINK