1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I can't worship God in the barn...LOL

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JohnnyReb, Sep 3, 2013.

1. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

This high class so called Christian had the nerve to tell me it was un godly and sinful to worship Christ in a barn:laugh:

I guess he missed the part where Christ said where 2 or 3 gather in my name I shall be there also. And no I don't plan on having church in a barn but its amazing the things some self richouse people come up with.

And just to clarify...,this conversation came about by someone complaining about churches that needed alot of money to stay financed. Well what do you expect when your church building is the size of a mid evil castle and a multi million dollar facility :laugh: I told them I had a old barn on my farm that they could fix up and have church in free of charge. And then I got a preaching about how that was un godly ect ect. So you don't want to donate your money to the church....and you don't want a free worship building either :laugh:

I believe Christ.....where 2 or 3 are gathered he will be in their midst. Whether it be in a barn, out in the woods, under a tent, or in a briar patch.

My own personal thoughts though is that a worship place should be modest. I've seen churches that could spread the gospel and save many souls with the money they spent on their building. Lots of poor could be fed with the cost of one stained glass window. Not saying its wrong...I'm not the judge....but PERSONALLY I think money is better spent spreading the gospel and not glorifying the building.

I'm from rural Kentucky too guys...so pardon the hillbilly veiwpoints if you see it that way. I'm a General Baptist and our church building isn't much more than a barn actually...,but when we gather I can feel the lords presence amongst us.

My worst church experiences was in Marine Corpse boot camp. They marched us into a HUGE building called " Protestant" worship. It was laced with military propaganda and I did not feel The Lord was in the room at all. I went once and never returned. From then on I had church alone with my bible while the others went back just to get away from the Drill instructors for awhile

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many times ive conducted service at my kitchen with just my wife & son at my side & our bibles open. I would have perferred to be in a strong Bible believing church but alas they are very few and far between...and the dross out there, I will no longer expose my family to.

But in Kentucky there are some good churches...there are brothers on this board that will help you out finding something. Just keep it pure, stay God centered & you will be fine:thumbs:

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I live in McCracken County, KY in the extreme western part of the state. I am sorry to hear someone told you about the barn, and really sorry a clown like this lives in the same state I do.

The local church is the congregation lead by Jesus Christ. It is not a building. The person to which you refer must have been on Quaaludes when they skipped up to the altar. The building is meaningless. The building could burn down tomorrow. God's church remains forever.

There are lots of solid New Testament churches in Kentucky. The number one thing to look for is Jesus Christ the center of honor and glory, and is the church geared to spreading the Gospel? It is not about buildings, church politics or gossip, cliques, pot lucks, and Buddha shaped pastors, it is all about Jesus Christ.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha ha. Ha...Buddha shaped pastors...lol

And your right...its community & fellowship & love for the Lord.:thumbs:

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Someone really should have spoken to those past Christians who worshipped in a cave (gasp) or a basement (no way!) or the woods (blasphemy!).

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Our church meets above a pub :)

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There are a lot of churches out there they would have a problem with. Some in barns, some in livestock sale barns, some in tents, some around the world like in India where I preached in huts and they sat on the floor in the dirt.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before I judge your brother too harshly, I'd like to hear more details of the conversation. How is it ungodly and sinful? Please use his words as much as possible.

9. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Just so ya know I don't go to church in a barn :laugh: I'm a member of General Baptist church that's very small. Well it's not much bigger than a barn with white siding and a bell out front. Real old timey....kinda like something you would see in a movie based in the 1800s. It was built during the cival war so I guess that would explain why.

This fella seemed to think basically that you should give God your best and having church service anywhere short of a nice building wasn't giving him your best. That's it in a nut shell. My conclusion is this person is more concerned with pleasing the flesh than god. I'm not going into great detail Aaron because honestly I didn't understand half of his jibberish and was to busy waiting to correct him with a little scripture.

I already have a place to worship....but was just offering this fella a place to worship for free since buildings were so important yet he didn't want to contribute to keep them financed.

There's a 81 year old man in our church who says he was saved on a big hickory stump out in the woods. Can't remember all the details but a great testimony.

#9 JohnnyReb, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm, convenient! :love2:

GOD IS GOOD!

#10 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013