1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I fear

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Robert Snow, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I stated an opinion, not a truth. You do know the difference, don't you?

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Are the greatest percentage of Primitive Baptist churches located in the Ozark and Appalachian mountains?

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, I know the difference, but since you do not, here is an example. If I say George Washington was a good President, that is an opinion. If I say George Washington was the second President, that is a false statement. Now, reread your post number one of this thread, and still tell me that is an opinion.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Posted by Rippon
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robert Snow

If a person believes that they just all of a sudden recognized that they are part of the redeemed without repenting of their sins and accepting the free gift of salvation from God, I seriously doubt that they are saved at all!

Nor am I talking about the person who is either raised in or is attending a reformed church who truly sees their need for salvation and repents and accepts Christ.

These parts of Robert Snow's OP I agree with. So, I therefore disagree with SN's remarks directed to Mr. Snow :"It is totally false,and without foundation." SN deals in hyperbole occasionally; well, quite often actually.

Lets go over this one more time. Here are the two quotes side by side, the first one made by your theological buddy, and the second made when you quoted his first post. It is very obvious you left out the first sentence, the inflammatory one. This is proof that you either want to defend Arminianism, or that you want to play word games with the English language at a level of your understanding. For someone who claims to believe in five points of Calvinism, you certainly show no conviction.

Now, to the second sentence you defended. The second sentence mocks God's act of regeneration in the first part of the sentence. The last part of the sentence draws a conclusion that is impossible, that is, after regeneration, not repenting. You defend this statement. The nicest thing that can be said about such an outrageous statement is that you, as above, either truly believe in the doctrine of free will, or are just here to play games.

You also choose (no pun intended) to defend the third statement. Although you left the first part out, the very fact that he uses the phrase "stumbles into the doctrinal error of Calvinism" tarnishes the whole idea he was trying to convey. I will grant you one point. The last part of the statement, ignoring the first part, could be true. One could be in a reformed church and see the need for salvation. That is just another phrase for regeneration.

The first sentence you left out of your quote, uses the word heretic, a word you claim to never have used on others.

So which is it Mr. Rippon, do you believe in the doctrines of sovereignty and grace or not? There was a time I thought you believed such, even though I did not like the way you talked to others. Now, how could anyone know?

#184 saturneptune, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .......sorry, it's EAST of Lex not west (I think it was past my bedtime when I wrote that)

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Robert I can't answer that question, but I don't think so. It seems there's a lot of PBs strewn accross the South also.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does any Calvinist here disagree with the above? If someone claims that they are redeemed yet has not repented of their sins -- can they be saved at all? It seems that a particular Johhny-Come-Lately to the Refomed side of the Aisle has issues with this.

Many attend Reformed Churches who are unsaved. If these unregenerate people see their need of salvation and repent of their sins and turn to the Lord -- is that not very scriptural? How anyone claiming to be a Christian -- of even the Calvinist variety would naysay this is perplexing. Of course anyone who recognizes their sinful estate,repents of their sins,falls upon the mercy of the Lord to save them -- the lord has opened their spiritual eyes. The Lord has caused their heart of stone to become a heart of flesh. The Lord has transferred them from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of Light.This is basic Bible 101.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I ask this because for a while I lived in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I remember going to several churches, but I do not remember seeing an Primitive Baptist churches around there. Although, I had never heard of them at the time and therefore wasn't looking for them.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All over the southeast, many in the south, a few in the midwest, and some in the west, a sprinkling in the mid-Atlantic states, my friend.
    used to be a few in the New England area, particularly upstate new york.

13. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

15. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks for that. The popping bone does feel odd at times. Most of this is due to heredity. I do not drink, and did not eat that bad. I stayed fairly active. It is just one of those things. The Lord left me here for some reason in His mercy.

#196 saturneptune, Mar 12, 2010
  17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have got to be one of the most insincere individuals I have ever come across SN. Are you afraid of addressing my posts numbered 187 and 188?

18. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    was the realization "all of a sudden" as Mr. Snow would like to define it ?
    Is there a Calvinist or DoG here who all of a sudden realized, first, that he was part of the elect, before repenting of his sin ?

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Posted in error

#199 saturneptune, Mar 12, 2010