1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I got a chance to witness to children today!

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Hamtramck_Mike, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Hamtramck_Mike

Hamtramck_Mike New Member

The Holy Spirit led me to Second Baptist Church in Detroit Michigan, in Greektown where they have a permanant display of their involvment in the underground railroad sheltering runaway slaves and giving them passage to Canada. To make a long story short, because it was a public school group of about 50 kids the teachers that were with them were either unwilling or unable to proclaim the name of Jesus Christ to these little ones and when one after another started asking who Jesus was, I knew the Holy Spirit was right there leading them on and you could feel the tension in the air as the teachers became uncomfortable with the questions the children were asking; they were really only there for the purposes of the underground railroad and slave history tour. Finally, I spoke up! I had to! I said in a firm but gentle voice: Jesus is GOD! He is to be worshipped as such and He loves little children like you all very much! as I said this, you could have heard a pin drop in that sanctuary!I HATE this politicly correct world we live in with all of my being! I just HATE IT! I thank the Holy Spirit for that oppertunity to witness to these kids and do testify to the fact that when the Holy Spirit leads you, you go! Amen and Amen!