1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Hate Divorce

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Mar 13, 2004.

1. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Surely God would not want a couple to stay together if the husband was close to killing his wife, and was sexually molesting his own kids...

...what kind of God would He be if He said "No Divorce" to that situation?

divorce, my friends, is NOT the worst thing that can happen in a marriage. not by a long shot.

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

And this type situation is a great example of why we should NEVER date or marry someone who is not a Christian!

If the man became mentally ill after marriage and threatened the family then a separation for the safety of the wife and children would be most appropriate but a person should never marry someone without God's leading or someone who is not a Christian!

Our 27 year old son won't date a girl he doesn't consider marriage material. No divorced girls, girls with children, or 'loose' girls. That sure narrows down pickin's!

Diane

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this type situation is a great example of why we should NEVER date or marry someone who is not a Christian!

If the man became mentally ill after marriage and threatened the family then a separation for the safety of the wife and children would be most appropriate but a person should never marry someone without God's leading or someone who is not a Christian!

Our 27 year old son won't date a girl he doesn't consider marriage material. No divorced girls, girls with children, or 'loose' girls. That sure narrows down pickin's!

Diane
    </font>[/QUOTE]Good son, you got there, Diane.

4. doug_mmm

doug_mmm New Member

Vaspers,

With you there buddy.

I think adultery is bad, but think why adultery specifically. Suppose is you slept around you would bring back all manner of diseases and harm your partner. The emotional consequences would be very severe for not just the partner but the family as well. Not too mention the breaking of the vow you made to God. But God gives us good practical reasons for rules apart from their spiritual aspect. As I see it we could deduce from the medical and emotional trauma of adultery that these two features are grounds for divorce.

Perhaps I'm being overly inductive but building on that what about the medical trauma of beatings, rape, molestation committed by a partner or the emotional trauma of drunkeness and violence to a family. Could they, over a period not be just as injurous to a partner and family.

I don't believe Jesus would say to the wife who was getting a regular beating from her husband. Sorry its just too bad, no adultery , no escape.

5. doug_mmm

doug_mmm New Member

Vaspers,

With you there buddy.

I think adultery is bad, but think why adultery specifically. Suppose is you slept around you would bring back all manner of diseases and harm your partner. The emotional consequences would be very severe for not just the partner but the family as well. Not too mention the breaking of the vow you made to God. But God gives us good practical reasons for rules apart from their spiritual aspect. As I see it we could deduce from the medical and emotional trauma of adultery that these two features are grounds for divorce.

Perhaps I'm being overly inductive but building on that what about the medical trauma of beatings, rape, molestation committed by a partner or the emotional trauma of drunkeness and violence to a family. Could they, over a period not be just as injurous to a partner and family.

I don't believe Jesus would say to the wife who was getting a regular beating from her husband. Sorry its just too bad, no adultery , no escape.

6. vaspers

vaspers New Member

doug_mmm:

Thank you...and also diane

for your replies.

Strange silence on this topic of man beating wife and molesting his own children.

Yet it is VERY common. Much more common than most of us want to realize.

Yes...God LOVES divorce...

...when the schmuck male is beating and mentally torturing his wife...and molesting his own children...and...do I need to add any more???

but these situations are rarely brought up by the divorce-condemners.

Not saying divorce is good in all cases. Wow there is as much divorce in Christian homes as in non-Christian homes. This is a disgrace.

But look at horrid things that can happen, that are worse than divorce, when couples stay unhappily pervertedly married.