1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I have a moral question for you.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by John3v36, Aug 17, 2004.

1. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

The situation:
    You are in the Middle East, and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and structures destroyed.You are a photographer getting still photos for the CNN news service and are traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes.

You come across Osama Bin Laden who has been swept away by the floodwaters. He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go under. You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

What would you do?

Can you back yourself up with the Bible? :confused: :confused: :eek: :mad:

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't it be a bit dangerous to try to save an terrorist murderer when you are the only one around?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Discussing hypothetical situations, while fun, rarely reflect what one would actually do in the situation.

But as a Christian, I don't get the luxury of deciding whose life I get to try and save based on their identity.

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I agree with the problem of hypotheticals...

But, as a photog the camera would probably already be up to my face to snap a picture before I realized who it was or the actual danger they were in...

The picture would definately be snapped... (10-20 seconds?)

Then, I would try to save human life...

If I were all alone and he had been hanging on for dear life... He probably wouldn't pose much of a personal threat...

But, if, as I pulled him out, I saw a weapon I'd probably involuntarily shrink back losing my grip...

Oops! :D

If I judged US forces were closer than Al Queda's I'd tie his hands and feet!

And, use the reward for Christ... [​IMG]

5. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would set the camera on auto and let it capture pictures of me saving OBL. Every news organization on the planet would run my pictures during OBL's trial.

The next hypothetical is "if instead of a camera, you had a gun..." [​IMG]

6. frewtloop

frewtloop Guest

The situation:
    Actually, the version I heard of this one went just a little different. It was something like this:

[​IMG]