1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

i have a question

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by massdak, Jun 24, 2004.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Translation: Rather than admit that you might have been wrong, you ignore every one of my rebuttals and just go back to the original topic. Would it hurt your ego so much to actually admit that some of your assertions about me may have been in error?

Suppose I think some of your views on what makes a person a liberal are heretical. Is it possible you yourself are a Christian who has gone astray? Not accusing, just asking if it's possible.

3. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

no, again i have read your many post.
    and i do not believe i am the only Christian that sees your stance as liberal. you do back peddle on some issues but in the main you consider doctrine to be many interpretations and you do not see harm in doctrine error. i have seen your post and as far as abortion and homosexuality your stance is liberal. many times place adultery and in hospitality as equally culpable as homosexuality, this is not a good biblical example of such a hideous lifestyle.
    murder and homosexuality needs not to be defended but it needs to be called what it is an abomination.
    if i was to point out in every post that you made the error that i see, then i would need to spend more time then i could afford to rebuke your errors.
    i say this to help you so you can turn from it and seek good doctrine.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think the 2 Peter verse is saying that there are those in the church who seem to be Christians or who claim to be who will bring in the heresies. I do not think false teachers are saved, especially if they are denying Christ, which is what the passage says they will do. I think this can mean denying the Christ of the Bible, while teaching a different Jesus. I think it can be subtle and not always so obvious. That is what makes it so deceptive.

As far as what a false teacher is, it has nothing to do with making a mistake or disagreeing on theological issues, it is bringing a different gospel or denying essentials about the nature of God or Christ or Christ's atonement. For example, I have no problem calling many of the Word Faith preachers false teachers because they have taught a different God and a different Jesus (examples: that Jesus did not atone for sin on the cross but had to go to hell to fight Satan; Copeland has said that God has a body).

The church has always been plagued by false teachers -- the "Christian Gnostics" being one of the early ones. Then later came the Sabellians (Modalism), Arians (Jesus is a created being), and so forth. These all arose from within the church. This will continue until Jesus comes back.

5. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, kindly refrain from personal attacks. Let us address the issues at hand, shall we? [​IMG] Otherwise I may have to put on my Administrator hat and deal with the issues at hand! [​IMG]

6. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this thread has degressed from the topic long enough. So, with your kind permission, I shall close it. Thank you for your inputs. [​IMG]