1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I have an Issue!! Your advices would be greatly appreciatted!!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Nov 13, 2006.

1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Honestly, it sounds like you're doing everything right.

I know that people who smoke are the same way, to a degree, as are people who drink. I don't know if it could be classified the same way (I am very jury-is-out about homosexuality being a sin, much less smoking or drinking), but it might be that their sexuality has to be the 600-pound gorilla in the room that no one acknowledges, if you know what I mean.

People - and I mean people of all kinds - need Christians to be their friends. That, I think, more than anything else, witnesses the Good News of Jesus Christ.

2. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Praise God... God is awesome. The holy spirit has helped me so many times. I have been insulted, talked about, cursed at by them but I dont care. I cant...allow that to hold me back from visiting and allowing Christ to shine through me for his Glory. Its amazing how many issues we have had over retarded things but I just say o'well... its worth it. The issue I was having was with my daughter. Thats a whole seperate issue.. and I cant place my daughter in harms way. Maybe its ignorance, I am only 25 and have only been in Christ for 3 years.

My brother is still in the hospital and he is getting upset I dont visit.. its not that I dont want to I get off at 9PM and visiting hours are over.....but he still gets upset.. I call him always but hey I never win with him so I will not allow him to bring me down. He tries to use guilt on me...but guilt is not from God so I just say.. what ever bro... GOD LOVES you and he knows my heart. I am praying for you from over here. He tries to use his sickness to place guilt on me and stuff but I dont allow it.. The Devil is a liar

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Indeed, the devil is a liar, and one of the ways Satan gets at us the bst, it seems, is through our family.

Someone said to talk to your pediatrician, and I think a call for information from the Centers for Disease Control wouldn' hurt either. ou'll either have your concerns confirmed or dissolved, and either way, you'll be able to operate from a position of knowledge concerning your daughter and your brother.

Remember that one of the ways God has chosen to work in this world is through the medical profession.

4. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Protect your daughter and pray for your brother.

And pray some more, and then pray more.

God is Good.

David