1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"I have read about him and he's an Arab."

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by dan e., Oct 13, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Society gave him that label. When one has any part black they are called black. Goes back to slavery. I'm all for changing it.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Someone in the crowd yelled KILL HIM. How does that grab you?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have you ever seen a picture of Barack Obama or seen him on TV? One cannot deny that his skin color is black.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

I absolutely don't get this line of reasoning.

It matters not of his heritage (other than Constitutional requirements for "natural born").

This does nothing but make people think that we look at skin color. I neither desire that tag nor wish to do anything to earn it.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Besides that, just looking at a picture of his dad makes it pretty hard to believe he's 6.25% Negro?

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well...the 6.25% is just an introductory rate. In 6 months, it goes up to 26%.

:D :D

Humor aside...I think the racial discussion is a bad one to have, all the way around. Positions? Yep. Race? No way.

7. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I think it's a bit foolish to actually believe that she was referring to the apparrant 47% Arab heritage, but instead was trying to stroke the flames of fear against him (keep in mind...I'm not voting for him), based on race.

A good case in point for my reasoning....when she opened her mouth to let her ignorance fall out, McCain immediately began to shake his head no, and he corrected her by saying he believed Obama was a good man....just a man with differences on how to run the country. So I don't think she was attempting to refer to a percentage of his blood line....she was attempting to cast fear against a specific race...IMHO.