1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Have To Conclude.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 23, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, do you equate being vomited out of Christ's mouth with losing salvation? If so on what basis?

Is it possible Revelation 3:16 is analogical? And was He addressing all Christians of every age or was He addressing only the church at Laodicea, and/or does the church at Laodicea illustrate an historic recapitulation and thus is indicative of most churches during the "Laodicean period" of ecclesiastical history?

And if so what other characteristics does that/those church(s) exhibit that might explain Christ vomiting?

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BM yes.....vomit not so sure.
    well gee, that's a real technical question.......but I would think that if Christ said it that it has implications way way beyond just Laodicea. What do you think?

3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am still waiting to hear what you think.

What, exactly, does the bible mean by "Laodicea?" And what does it mean by "vomit?"

4. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This to me is what distinguishes the two! I have a sister who was baptized at an early stage in her life, I also have a brother that was baptized at an early stage! My sister believes she is saved but refuses to step foot in a church,she doesn't attempt to spread Christs gospel! She has lived her entire life up to now unrepentant as a lesbian/bi-sexual, while she isn't involved in this lifestyle anymore as far as I know but she still has not repented! My brother has spent his entire life in and out of jail for stealing, dealing drugs and continues in that sinful life! I do not believe they are saved! My thoughts is if a person truly is saved there will be evidence of their salvation! I don't believe you have to be a bible thumper to be saved but there should be a clear evidence of the changes true salvation brings to those with a sincere heart! Over time if this person reads and does their best to follow the teachings of the bible the Holy Spirit will work in that person to bring about those changes! I was not saved until a few years ago but the joy I felt was unlike anything I've ever experienced in my life! When I stumble that joy is gone but the Holy Spirit convicts me and jerks me up by the scruff of my neck and puts me back on the right path! My sister doesn't want to hear and neither does my brother! I do not believe a person saved will remain in sin as my brother and sister have!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you could be waiting a long time.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steve.....I now believe as you do. If the HS convicts you, there has to be some sort of change in the person. And I have also have been saved/regenerated fairly late in life (a 2nd half of life spiritual experience) and I have to tell you it has really changed me ....I am a much different person than I was so I don't stand luke-warm / carnal types.

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still have a ways to go but I believe one day Christs work in me will be complete! I do however believe many of us are lukewarm to a degree but this will not rob us of salvation but will rob us of rewards in heaven! The bible tells us salvation is eternal and if God were to take back His grace that would make God a liar and a liar He is not! God won't take back what He has given us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here is how I see it. Bear with me a tad as it is somewhat complicated:

I do believe there will be a heart change when a person is saved, and do believe many think they are saved because they believe the bare facts and did whatever their particular church culture says you do when you get saved, but are not saved.

That said, I also know God labelled the adulterous David a man after God's own heart. He said the miserable sinner who prayed for mercy went home justified, not the Pharisee who was intent on thanking God he wasn't a sinner like others were. Jesus spoke of tax collectors and prostitutes entering the kingdom ahead of the righteous folks.

Jesus said if anyone come to Him He will in no wise cast him out. So I figure the rottenest sinner, if truly trusting only in the shed blood of Christ to save him will be saved. It will show, if only to God. He may have a vile temper and rage and curse, but God may know that unsaved he would have been a serial killer. God is in control of that man's sanctification process and speed, and I best keep my nose out of it.

I wouldn't go around judging the condition of another person's soul. Rather I would focus on my own walk of obedience, and let the Holy Spirit work in their lives. Rather than judging them worthy of hell, I might pray to the Lord on the basis of loving them and being concerned for them.

Share Christ and salvation with all, work on your own life, trust and take Jesus at His word. We are saved only by the blood, not by our walk. As to it showing, it should, but beware of being a Pharisee. That would show YOU have not trusted only in the Blood.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I gave you an answer.... can you not extrapolate from my prior commentary?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apostle Paul is a great example of this!

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont believe God takes back his grace....I believe though that there are many many reprobates posing as Christians......sad isn't it?

13. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but we knew this already! I often post scripture where ever there is a comment section to post in...I get attacked from every direction by God haters!

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nodak, I hope you are not implying that Im judging---It aint me ....but my quotation of Matthew in my 1st post is quite revealing.....aint my words, be Jesus.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that's to be expected. But isn't it surprising when people who claim the blood also attack.

Look we are to love the Lord with all our hearts.....He is our top love.....even over our wife, kids, parents ...everyone. We don't hate, we love & Him we love the most. And out of that love are deeds to everyone we come in contact with. And that's what Christ is saying. Gotta go!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you lied when you said:
    ?

17. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest the servant of another? to his own lord he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be made to stand; for the Lord hath power to make him stand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My bad Biggrin

19. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why thank you. :) :D ;)

#39 SovereignGrace, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  20. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you again. I'm not missing...I am right here. :D :) ;)