1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Have To Conclude.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 23, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree! Just a humorous aside. I checked with the local Cadillac dealer and told him the above story. He told me he would not sell me a car. I asked, "Why not?"

He said "You bought an Oldsmobile and Oldsmobile went out of business.

You bought a Towncar and they stopped making the Towncar.

If I sell you a Cadillac you will probably single handedly put Cadillac out of business!" :D:D:D:D:D

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL Tom, Stay right where you are. Don't come to WA!

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that's hilarious, you WW2 Vets are just too much!:Smile

You can always buy a Dodge......the Cuta (my generation) is back in style. PURPLE :rolleyes:. No worries though, FIAT (Fix it again Tony), owns them!!!!:Laugh

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EWF you are stepping on toes here and I must defend my brethren... Since you have never been a Primitive Baptist and I have for over 50 years... You have no idea of what you speak!... The carnality of a Christian is dealt with within the church... Those outside the church God deals with... If you are without chastisement which all men are partakers then ye are bastards and not sons... I've said it before and I will say it again... We all walk with feet of clay!.. That is what the visible church is for to discipline its members and you can't discipline those who don't belong... Brother Glen

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had an original 1970 Cuda, in "Inviolet" which is what they called "purple." 440 six pack.

I also had a 1972 Challenger. That one was International Orange. 383 Magnum. :)

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's my 1970 'Cuda 340, with auto trans. This picture was taken in 1984. I owned the car from 1978 to 1985. It looked dead stock but it was tweaked fairly well.

Cuda_Front_640px.jpg

And here is my very first car I ever owned. '69 Roadrunner with 383, 4 speed. (Note license plate: Car With Speed 383. The mom of a friend of mine worked in the license department.) I got it when I was 17 years old. Made my Dad really, really happy...

Roadrunner_1969_Rear_640px.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fantastic ITL.

I had a Ford Falcon when going to Bible School. Someone from the church we attended sold it to us dirt cheap almost gave it to us. My wife liked it but I thought it had very little muscle.

BTW, my first car was a 52 Dodge with a semi-automatic transmission (Slush box) - you could shift or just drive away with a ton of slippage. It was 3 colors - blue, primer and rust.

HankD

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My first car was a 1953 Chevy BelAir convertible. Great little car. :)

1953chevy.jpg

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Explain Temporal Salvation......show me its legitimacy.....defend that.

BTW, I believe the term & concept of a Carnal Christian too be an false belief.......Either you are a True Christian or you are not.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ooop!

Dad had BelAirs.......He was a GM guy. That meant that most of his time repairing.Alfred P. Sloan, Jr., you devil you. :Devilish

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im not talking about babes in Christ.....I'm talking about people who mouth the words, act the part but have no true love for Christ.

Matthew 15:8-9
    8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
    9 They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are merely human rules

14. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will do you one better than that I will let scripture speak and when you can see yourself as this publican then you can understand Timely or Temporal Salvation... Brother Glen

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EWF has claimed for years to agree with the PBs and the two aspects of our one salvation is nothing new to him. He's turned coat now, playing a farce, and attacking the PBs he once claimed affinity with.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My aim is to get it right....and yes I do have an affinity for PB style worship, but I will not allow that to preclude my obedience to my Lord & Savior. I'm seeking truth here not club membership.

So tell me fellows, and this question revolves again around "Temperal Salvation" & what I see as a dislocation with orthodox theology. You contend that the gospel does “save” the believer, but this “deliverance” does not have eternal consequence. How could it NOT have eternal consequence?.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You guys make me feel the way I apparently make the Millennials feel.:Roflmao

• Like Like x 1
  18. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are not offering a club membership... In answer to the other question where do you base your Eternal Salvation?... On the written or the living Word?... Brother Glen

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

19. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes.....this is what has taken place......he is not able to settle in any camp.

• Agree Agree x 1