1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Have To Conclude.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 23, 2016.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is one of the best descriptions of timely or temporal salvation I've ever read... Short and to the point by Primitive Baptist Elder Afton Richards in 1956... Brother Glen

"Primitive Baptists read the Scriptures with the desire of getting the harmony taught therein, and they enjoy much comfort that others do not get. When salvation refers to what God does for man without action on his part, and by the meritorious work of Christ, they know and realize that it refers to salvation in its highest order; preparing one to live with God in glory after death. When salvation is mentioned in connection with the acts of men; or man is to perform some action to bring about a better situation for himself, they know it is to be to the child of God (one freed from the guilt of sin), and refers to a timely deliverance, or something that is for man's benefit while he lives here in the world."

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol, he's flipped to your camp now:

You can have him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On Scripture

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cant you guys see that Christianity in its true form dispenses with camps? Personally.....ah forget it. It just falls on deaf ears.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair enough Glen.....but take a look at this post.
    Not all Primitive Baptists believe in conditional time salvation. It is refuted by a Primitive Baptist elder in this article http://www.mountzionpbc.org/books/boaz_salvation.htm

#115 BrotherJoseph, Dec 11, 2014

6. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that and I know Brother Joseph and I am familiar with the two Elders in question and the debate that took place... Brother Joe was also of the Absolute brethren which I am not... I just post the way I see scripture and let other brethren post how they see it... There are many factions within each belief and not all brethren see eye to eye... Do all brethren see eye to eye on all points of doctrine and church discipline?... As I can see having been here as long as I have they a wide berth even within each camp... It says in Bible we should but how many brethren here dwell together in unity?... I will let you chew on that for a while... Brother Glen

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NICE!

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forget about trying to pigeon hole any PB, in fact make that ANY Baptist group/church.

Think Heinz 57 varieties.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since some are talking about cars I will jump in here... Dad had a 55 Chevy and he loved to work on it... In fact there was so much room under the hood he bolted an old tractor seat on side wall and sat in it and worked on the engine happy as a clam... How many can work under the hood today with these new cars?... Brother Glen

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plus you have to have an advanced degree in electronics. We were just talking about that around the water cooler.....setting points, rebuilding carbs are all things of the past. Today, cars are computers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not trying to do that though...... just wanted to gain understanding & get greater clarification. Now its contentious. Oh well!

If anyone is interested in a 86 Camero.........

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had full intention on seeking out a PB Church in Florida when I retire...... not sure anymore.

Truthfully, I'm not real cracked up about Reformed churches either, but I am sold on Doctrines of Grace (Thank you Martin Lloyd Jones, James Montgomery Boyce, Arthur Pink & a few others). I think that I will just start a Bible Study Group & see where the Good Lord takes us.

Today though, Im more inspired by people who embrace a Radical Christian Prospective. I find Francis Chan to be exhilarating.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2012/december/relentless-passion-of-francis-chan.html

13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    t
    Think The Right of Private Judgment. Ain't it grand?

"The Bible is a plain book. It is intelligible by the people. And they have the right, and are bound to read and interpret it for themselves; so that their faith may rest on the testimony of the Scriptures, and not on that of the Church. Such is the doctrine of Protestants on this subject." Charles Hodge

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, of that I am fully aware, I had a 56 Chevy and I needed a step ladder to work on/in the engine.

HankD

15. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My 53 Chevy had the 235 CID inline 6. There was enough room on either side to put another engine.

Unlike my 63 Chevy II SS with a 283 under the hood. I had to loosen the motor mounts and jack the engine up to change the spark plugs! :D

16. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have good one I have to relate... A preacher friend of mine knew a lady that only went to church on Saturday... Affirming to him that Saturday was the proper day to worship the Lord in conversation... So you observe all the Sabbath laws he said... Yes I do she replied... Doesn't one of the Sabbath laws forbid starting a fire?... I have never started a fire on the Sabbath and all the food is prepared ahead of time... Since you say you never start a fire on Sabbath how do you get to church?... I drive my car she replied... Don't you know that every time you put a key into the ignition and turn it over you have started a tiny fire in the spark plugs... Just like starting a stick fire on the Sabbath... A fire is a fire no matter how small... She said well that is kind of petty isn't it and walked away... His answer was choice!... Brother Glen

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dissent, even conflict, are necessary,and indeed desirable. Without this there can be no understanding. Alfred Sloan -- Chairman of the Board of GM;) :Laugh:Roflmao

#117 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  18. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not on my ears it doesn't... You need to find a group or start a group that makes you happy... Find that brand of Radical Christian Prospective that you talk about and get yourself some peace and rest... I am happy and content and fully at rest in my belief... There are others on here though I sometime disagree with how they see scripture understand they are happy and content and fully at rest in theirs... You cannot embrace what does not set your heart and soul on fire... Your hungry... Your searching... Your struggling... We all have been through it and when you find what you desire and what moves you then you will be at peace... Until then you wander from camp to camp... These are only words of encouragement... Those are my thoughts... May God go with you... My Brother... Brother Glen

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Glen.....to tell you the truth, I am at peace with my walk with the Lord. My real concern is my area of New Jersey is really very secular, very Luke Warm, very Carnal and it causes me to ....can I use this expression, "Mourn Over Them." I know I am being kept in the area for a reason....and I would probably prefer to go somewhere else before I die, but then the Lord convicts me to do something.

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And hope that all the gaps were correct after you lowered the engine back down.

HankD