1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I have two questions for KJVOist.

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by David J, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David J

David J New Member

I have two questions I would like for KJVOist to answer.

1.Where is the Scriptural support for KJVOism?

Show me the Scripture(s) that prove KJVOism. I don’t want a bunch of Scriptures concerning the preservation of the Scriptures because these Scriptures can be applied to any faithful translation of the bible. If KJVOism is the truth then this should be easy.

No spin and evasion. Just provide the Scripture(s) that are only applicable to the KJV. If you are truly interested in the truth and guiding those of us who are not KJVO to using only the KJV then provide the Scripture(s). As an old time conservative fundamental Baptist I must have Scriptural support in order to prove that KJVOism is correct.

2.If you admit that KJVOism is not supported by the Scriptures then what is your authority that is equal to Scriptural support for KJVOism?

List the sources you use outside of the Holy Scriptures to prove KJVOism. Since KJVOism is not found in any revision of the KJV and KJVOist push KJVOism as the gospel truth, I want to know by what authority do KJVOist make these claims.

I want to know which KJV is perfect. Please list the year and revision of the KJV you are claiming to be perfect. You can include this information when you answer question number 2.

Please answer the questions. Do not ask questions to avoid answering these questions. Do not answer questions that I did not ask in order to deflect the attention from my questions. Do not reference other bibles by comparing verses etc.... Just answer these two questions. If you can not answer these two simple questions then you should reconsider your KJVO belief.

Please follow my simple rules and avoid off topic post. I would like to have these two questiones answered without distractions and spin.

As a bible believer I have every right to ask these questions and I have every right to challenge a doctrine by asking for Scriptural support. If KJVOism is true then prove it by the Scriptures or show me your sources that are equal to Scriptural support.

David J

2. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

There is no Scriptural support for KJVOism? That is an Oximoron that MV's have come up with and no where in any Scripture does it say KJVOism! So you question Altough a good one seems to be a Misleading One as far as ypu second Question The AV 1611 is the Received text take it or leave it! Sounds tto me that you are some one who is Agnostic about the KJB as the inerrant , infallible, Word Of God! Not contains, here and there, hit and miss, sort of Doctorine I dont have a Degree in Theology, or a Masters in Divinity All I can give you is my Testimony; Jesus's Blood Covering on my life and my sin. You dont have to take My word for it get a KJB and ask God to show you in His Word what it is you are looking for and in faith you shall receive! If you are missing the text that God revealed to you because it is not in the MV's then dont look toward the Worl for amswers or some one to Agree with you Just Ask Jesus!

3. David J

David J New Member

Since william s. correa is not interested in any real discussion would any other KJVO care to answer my legitimate questions about KJVOism.

You can try again William but this time please avoid the accusations. As Christians we should behave as such. You only serve to discredit your position in the eyes of those who read this board.

Thank you,

David J.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IOW's, you don't have an answer for either of his questions. You could have said that without all the innuendo and indirect accusations that non-KJVO's haven't prayerfully approached this issue or are in some other manner not as close to God as you.

God gave us His Word. He told us He did and told us that He would preserve it for us so that we could know Him and the doctrines of our religion. He did not say He would preserve it in the way KJVOnlyism assumes.

For instance, He didn't say that He would preserve a single set of words that constitute a facsimile of the originals. All the evidence we have says that He didn't preserve a facsimile. So the reasonable conclusion is that we cannot claim to "know" that the words of the KJV or TR are exclusively "perfect".

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words william is saying, "I can't answer your question so I will blow a lot of hot air and question your standing before the Lord." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. standingfirminChrist

Again, william, having eyes to see they see not. Again, you answer a question and it is not accepted because you did not tell them what they want to hear, but the truth.

Keep up the good work, my Brother!

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words, "I can't answer the question either so I will hide behind william's folly."

8. standingfirminChrist

the folly is not on my behalf, nor on william's.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

KJVO is a lie against the truth. God's word was never recored in the king's English. God choice of languages was his superior choice. His ways are above our ways.

Jesus never spoke English. None of the writers of scripture spoek or wrote English. God in His sovereignty and infinite wisdom never chose to have the Bible recorded in English. It was God's choice to have it recored in there other languages and English was not one of them. When God chose to have His word recorded, English did not exist.

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please point to what we should see... It isn't there.
    Truth? That is exactly what David asked for was proof that KJVOnlyism was truth. He asked for the two sources that a Christian should derive truth from: scripture and an honest, scripturally consistent study of the historical facts. KJVOnlyism has no proof in either of these things.

You call it "truth" but on what basis since God didn't say it and didn't providentially leave evidence that reveals it?

11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course it is! You make wild claims and when asked to back them up with facts you can't do it. You hide behind a lot of smoke and rhetoric!

If you could answer, you would. The fact that you don't proves you can't. QED

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Where is the Scriptural support for MVOism? Show me the Scripture(s) that prove MVOism.
    As an old time conservative fundamental Baptist I must have Scriptural support in order to prove that MVOism is correct.
    If you admit that MVOism is not supported by the Scriptures then what is your authority that is equal to Scriptural support for MVOism?
    AGAIN --- Your favorite word, PERFECT. The KJV is NOT perfect, but the KJB is PERFECT. I want to know which NASV is perfect
    If MVOism is true then prove it by the Scriptures or show me your sources that are equal to Scriptural support.

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all due respect, Sir, it's not the truth; it's guesswork, opinion, and conjecture. David J asked for EVIDENCE, not hot air.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you believe the evidence-less KJVO myth, it is.

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Askjo, there's no such thing as MVOism. What we Freedom Readers do is reject the KJVO myth for lack of evidence supporting it, especially SCRIPTURAL evidence. This is NOT rejection of the KJV...it's rejection of the man-made myth built around it.

As for MVOism, it would also be wrong if it existed.

16. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Biblical faith is trusting in God's Word not coming up with an extra-biblical belief such as KJVOism and saying it is true because one has faith it is true. That kind of faith is based in man's opinion not faith in the biblical text. No where in the KJV, or if you prefer the KJB does it say that it is the only inspired english version of the Bible. It is time to call KJVOism what it is---an extra-biblical man centered religion. I love the KJV, but I cannot stomach anyone from any group adding to the Scripture what is not there. It is a shame that those who do refuse to see what they are doing. With the same warning they give others about adding to the Scripture they condemn themselves. And that is truly sad.

Bro Tony

17. Askjo

Askjo New Member

MVOists called the KJV defenders, "KJVO" then these KJVO called them, "MVO" or MVOism. You see, MVO and KJVO disagree each other all the times!

18. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

For there to be a MVOism you would have to prove that there are those who reject the KJV---I have been here for over two years now and have never heard anyone reject the KJV as being God's Word. Maybe you can point that person out who has and provide a direct quote from them as not to slander them.

Bro Tony

19. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

This is like saying "Show me the truth about someone going to hell without Jesus, but I don't want a bunch of Scriptures concerning sin because that can be applied to any thing you do."

Since I cannot lead anyone to the Lord who does not believe the Scriptures given, then I cannot show someone the truth about the KJB who does not believe the Scriptures given.

It'll just have to be the Holy Spirit, just like it was for me, or else nothing.

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

How many times does God have to say it before it's true?

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Confusion (example):
    Isaiah 14:12 KJB- Lucifer (referring to Satan)
    Isaiah 14:12 NIV(and most MVs)- morning star (which is another name for Jesus)
    II Corinthians 2:15 KJB- are saved (finished work)
    II Corinthians 2:15 NIV (and most MVs)- are being saved (works)
    So which is it? Are you saved or being saved? If being, then how far along are you? 50%, 75%, 99%? How much before you can "get in"?

No, my Bible, the Holy Bible AV1611 KJB (yes, with SPELLING and grammer NOT DOCTRINAL revisions through 1769) says that I am SAVED! And by the Morning Star Jesus Christ, not Lucifer.

Those with baked clay hearts will not even care about this.

Good day. [​IMG]

20. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *Head Exploded*

Will be back whenever I regain consciousness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.