1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I have two questions for KJVOist.

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by David J, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

God calls slander and libel a lie. He calls those who do such things a liar. </font>[/QUOTE]have you ever told a LIE?

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Lets try to keep things in context OK. The word diligence is toward the Word of God, the same way the word study is. The NKJV does not change the meaning of this verse at all.
    This strawman arguement is without basis and again I challenge you or anyone else to find a verse where the NKJV' "CHANGES" doctrine.

Bro Tony

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is only one thing God requires to please Him.

Did God require that you know what is inside of the pages of a Bible before you came to know Him?

Hebrews 11:6, "And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."

Many a man knows the Bible well and does not know God. But I have never seen a man who really knows God not know his Bible.

4. standingfirminChrist

NIV 2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Do your best?

Come on folks, our righteousness is filthy rags before the Lord.

Do your best and see where it will get ya.

But unto Cain and his sacrifice, God had not respect.

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

How true.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

God calls slander and libel a lie. He calls those who do such things a liar. </font>[/QUOTE]have you ever told a LIE? </font>[/QUOTE]If you would read your Bible you would not need to ask such a question.

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Yes, the NKJV changed doctrines in many passges. Prov 16:1 in the NKJV is wrong. Rev. 19:8 in the NKJV is wrong again. And more...

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Amen! I second that.

9. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I guess some of us like you build our theology on 1 verse of Scripture right? Never mind the rest of Scripture which clearly disproves your erronous thinking. You defy God and read into this verse for your own ends.

10. standingfirminChrist

One can seek God and not diligently seek Him. Why was the word 'diligently' left out?

I can look for my wife's car keys because she asks me to, but if I do not want her to go anywhere, I will not look as diligently as she would want me to.

11. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Amen! I second that. </font>[/QUOTE]Well I'll third that the KJV is God's Word or at least a version of God's Word no one is debating that. But a couple on here believe it to be God's only Word to mankind which is asinine.

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you sure you are not stating exaggerations. Proof is always much better than opinions.

Which Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts do you use to test your statement of its accuracy rather than just repeating someone else's statement making yours only precise?

Are you stating that the people who were called Christians did not have God's word before English was ever spoken or existed?

13. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Same tired references that have been dealt with ad nauseum. Just because you continue to use this same post does not make it any more true. These verses do not change biblical doctrine and again you continue to attack the Word of God by making such statements. Not to mention you continue to lie about this matter.

Bro Tony

14. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Pardon me, do I attack the Word of God? No, wrong! These modern versions attacked the Word of God.

Look at modern versions, for example:

God said, "Moses"

The Hebrew in OT said, "Moses"

Modern versions CHANGED to "he." That is incorrect.

Look at the KJB

God said, "Moses"

The Hebrew in the OT said "Moses."

The KJV said, "Moses." That is correct.

15. standingfirminChrist

Funny, when we find not just one verse that changes the meaning or 'doctine', we are wrong because there are several others in the NKJ that oppose those verses we point out.

The challenge has been met and once again, not accepted.

BTW, the KJV has 'clean and white' in Rev. 19:8, while the NKJ has 'clean and bright.' There are many bright colors. I'll stick with the KJV. White means purity.

16. william s. correa

Amen! I second that. </font>[/QUOTE]Well I'll third that the KJV is God's Word or at least a version of God's Word no one is debating that. But a couple on here believe it to be God's only Word to mankind which is asinine. </font>[/QUOTE]well even a 5 year old child can tell the difference between them and say this is not the same! Come on people get with the programm!

17. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Neither you SFIC or Askjo has presented one verse that "Changes" doctrine in the NKJV. Once again you Askjo have attack God's Word as you speak against the MV's. SFIC when you find one verse that "changes" doctrine in the NKJV I will gladly receive it. None of the verse or translation changes any doctrine, none.

Bro Tony

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

19. william s. correa

Funny, when we find not just one verse that changes the meaning or 'doctine', we are wrong because there are several others in the NKJ that oppose those verses we point out.

The challenge has been met and once again, not accepted.

BTW, the KJV has 'clean and white' in Rev. 19:8, while the NKJ has 'clean and bright.' There are many bright colors. I'll stick with the KJV. White means purity.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Amen bro preach it!

20. william s. correa

yes they have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.