1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I know Bush needs our prayers but does he need medical help?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Aug 26, 2005.

1. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

To spread this kind of trash against God's anointed is dangerous stuff AP. But I doubt you fear it.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Is President Bush more God's anointed than President Clinton?

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Both were duly elected by the people of a nation that hopefully still seek to follow God more so than they do not.

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

God raises up and He takes down. No president has stayed at the White House without God's approval.

So the answer is no.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Exactilimoso!

To quote by favourote Mayberry deputy!

6. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

More on bush and his temperament:

Jekyll? Hyde?

Judging from the blistering analyses in Time, Newsweek, and elsewhere these past few days, it turns out that Bush is in fact fidgety, cold and snappish in private. He yells at those who dare give him bad news and is therefore not surprisingly surrounded by an echo chamber of terrified sycophants. He is slow to comprehend concepts that don't emerge from his gut. He is uncomprehending of the speeches that he is given to read. And oh yes, one of his most significant legacies -- the immense post-Sept. 11 reorganization of the federal government which created the Homeland Security Department -- has failed a big test.

Maybe it's Bush's sinking poll numbers -- he is, after all, undeniably an unpopular president now. Maybe it's the way that the federal response to the flood has cut so deeply against Bush's most compelling claim to greatness: His resoluteness when it comes to protecting Americans.

But for whatever reason, critical observations and insights that for so long have been zealously guarded by mainstream journalists, and only doled out in teaspoons if at all, now seem to be flooding into the public sphere.

An emperor-has-no-clothes moment seems upon us.

snippet:
    The two seminal reads are from Newsweek and Time.

Evan Thomas's story in Newsweek is headlined: "How Bush Blew It."

"It's a standing joke among the president's top aides: who gets to deliver the bad news? Warm and hearty in public, Bush can be cold and snappish in private, and aides sometimes cringe before the displeasure of the president of the United States," Thomas writes.

snippet:
    Among Thomas's disclosures: "Bush can be petulant about dissent; he equates disagreement with disloyalty. After five years in office, he is surrounded largely by people who agree with him. . . .

"Late last week, Bush was, by some accounts, down and angry. But another Bush aide described the atmosphere inside the White House as 'strangely surreal and almost detached.' At one meeting described by this insider, officials were oddly self-congratulatory, perhaps in an effort to buck each other up. Life inside a bunker can be strange, especially in defeat."

snippet:
    Mike Allen writes in Time: "Longtime Bush watchers say they are not shocked that he missed his moment -- one of his most trusted confidants calls him 'a better third- and fourth-quarter player,' who focuses and delivers when he sees the stakes. What surprised them was that he still appeared to be stutter-stepping in the second week of the crisis, struggling to make up for past lapses instead of taking control with a grand gesture. Just as Katrina exposed the lurking problems of race and poverty, it also revealed the limitations of Bush's rigid, top-down approach to the presidency. . . .

"Bush's bubble has grown more hermetic in the second term, they say, with fewer people willing or able to bring him bad news -- or tell him when he's wrong. Bush has never been adroit about this. A youngish aide who is a Bush favorite described the perils of correcting the boss. 'The first time I told him he was wrong, he started yelling at me,' the aide recalled about a session during the first term. 'Then I showed him where he was wrong, and he said, "All right. I understand. Good job." He patted me on the shoulder. I went and had dry heaves in the bathroom.

snippet:

John Dickerson writes in Slate how the much-celebrated creation of the Homeland Security Department, the embodiment of Bush's management style, is suddenly an epic tale of failure.

The Los Angeles Times reports: "Ultimately, the National Response Plan says the president is in charge during a national emergency, but it leaves it up to the White House to decide how to fulfill that duty. 'The president leads the nation in responding effectively and ensuring the necessary resources are applied quickly and efficiently,' the plan says."

And here's a telling anecdote from the LA Times: "On Friday, Sept. 2, four days after the storm, Bush headed for the disaster area on a presidential trip designed to show leadership and concern.

"At a meeting that morning, one aide said, the president expressed anger about the convention center. Say that in public, one aide reportedly urged. So Bush went out to the Rose Garden and grimly acknowledged for the first time that all was not well. 'The results are not acceptable,' he said.

"But the president appeared uncomfortable even with that much self-criticism. A few hours later, in Biloxi, he softened the message. . . .

" 'I am satisfied with the [federal] response,' Bush said. 'I'm not satisfied with all the results. . . . I'm certainly not denigrating the efforts of anybody. But the results can be better.'

"And Bush, who instinctively defends any aide who has been criticized in the media, made a point of praising FEMA chief Brown.

" 'Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job,' he said."

My comment with accelerated sinking poll numbers
    and stinging analysis even God can humble a
    President even-though late to the game and better
    late than never bush took responsibility for
    the incompetence of his creation...Michael Brown
    and Homeland security that was suppose to run
    like a Swiss clock but did not, the buck really
    does stop with Bush. Bush needs to win the civil
    war against his past and his anger and instead
    of lashing out and surrounded by yes men he needs
    to perhaps embrace his fathers ideal of the presidency and listen to people who will disagree
    with him and speak truth to power.

Anger will never be exalted but humility will.

7. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Whatever APAL.

The "article" you used also appeared last week in The Onion - an entire news outlet designed to produce fake headlines and stories. Congratulations, you must be having the editors in laughing fits because you fell for this - AGAIN.

Please consider how undignified you look.

8. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Let's see now..Newsweek, LA Times, Slate, Time Magazine and the Washington Post... With all of these totally objective media reporting these items, they must be absolutely true. Byt the way, the Homeland Security Document was a pig in the poke sold by the Dems in congress. If you recall, Bush originally opposed it, and these same objective media folks lambasted him for it. He should have stuck to his guns.

9. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Agree with ASLANAPAL that Bush is a Jekyel and Hyde case. He has been [crude comment deleted]. As a "Skull & Bones member he has sold his soul to the Devil.

[ September 15, 2005, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Some people think that anyone who does not see the "boogy man behind every door" have sold their soul to the devil.

Your attack is unmerited PN, and though strictly is basically not in violation of the BB rules, it is in poor taste and does not suit the tenor of the Baptist Board.

Roger
    C4K

11. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

It reminds me how important [snipped for taste]

[ September 15, 2005, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

12. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

:rolleyes:

13. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Really great way to respond to a poster from one who professes Christianity and claims to be an elementary school teacher. I am thankful none of my children were in your classes.

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It reminds me how important [snipped for taste] </font>[/QUOTE]I agree, once a day Aslanspal, once a day. [Pardon me for the lc's but I didn't want to shout your name. Impolite to shout you know.]

Joe Biden asking Judge Edwards a question! :D :D :D

Joe Biden listening to Judge Edwards Response! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :confused: