1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I must clarify

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Madam, your pride is showing. Your arrogance is showing. Your boasting is showing. Your - I, Me, My - comes across loud and clear. Most ladies that I know want to be told their slip is showing beneath the hem of their skirt. Is that how you view it? Or do you want to "get rid" of anyone who dares to mention that your attire is not perfect in all respects?

In closing, do you ever imagine yourself kneeling in the dust and ashes at our Saviour's feet or you you imagine yourself walking proudly arm & arm with Him?

2. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

You need to be more specific cause I and others are not seeing it, I've gotten lots of feedback otherwise..of course from those who get it...for one you know nothing about me and my real world and i would tell you, but if I did then you'd think I was bragging and being prideful. So I can't win can I?

See the problem is it Ain't BRAGGING IF IT"S TRUE!....I think I am convicting a few on here...I think I am saying things that you may not have heard before and how dare I a "nobody" do that!...and let's not forget the fact that I am a WOMAN, I'm bet that is a huge one for some of you fundamentalist!

I could go on, point being. Your not upset with me as much as you are the TRUTH!...;)

3. Matt22:37-39

Here just one example of someone i help...i write to help people not out of pride... If you only knew what i have been through you wouldn't say what you do

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what is that truth that you kept referencing though?
    And you are a fundamentalist baptist, aren't you?

5. Matt22:37-39

I gave my story...when I got saved at 22 God put me into a Independent Fundamental Baptist Church...the difference was the Pastor (although Bob Jones) who majored in hermeneutics and Greek 6 years and had a doctorates degree...LEARNED from God that BALANCE was key to who God is and to preach God's wo0rd and let the word CONVICT people not him...not only did he preach the word accurately but he and his family lived it as well

So I have been very blessed and privileged to have been under his leadership and feel god wants me to CONTINUE the same message with even more revelation, seeing how most churches are going to one extreme or the other

hope that helps...I'm a bit crunched for time, so gota go

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the PLOT thickens?

This only gets better....I am not arguing with Matt27 because I know I can't win with someone that thinks more highly of themself than they do of others. :tear: And this seems to be true with many others on this board. Once I see that there is no "wiggle room" in conversing over a topic, I leave it alone.

#26 righteousdude2, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  7. Matt22:37-39

OH, but we must realize something...these are MY THREADS....so in reality YOU all are arguing with me, not the other way around...lol

Like I said I only argue about things I know about and can prove. I just happen to be blessed with attributes many don't have, is that wrong for acknowledging what God gave me, good or bad?...To God be the glory!.....btw, last I looked I am in the 1%...I'm and ESTJ, a TAURUS, a MELANCHOLY/CHOLERIC blend with some Sanguine....I could go on, basically I fit them ALL pretty well, except with more FEELING than the normal ESTJ (usually they are men) so I really should be an ESTJF...:)....see the BALANCE I talk about in my personality?...you would if you studied up on these personalty traits.

Anyway, I'm not sure I and many others (I know cause I showed a few who agree with me) don't see it your way, we see it for what it is as mentioned in an earlier post.

Now if I was doing this on someone else thread and putting them down for their "arrogance" than I would be wrong to that on "their thread"...see the BALANCE?...one situation is right the other wrong.

This is what I am talking about...and thank you RigteousDude2 and others for providing a way to "practice" what I preach. This situation right here clearly shows which 5 of the active forces is at work? So I narrowed it down to about 3 of them and the LIE is that it has to really do with me more than it does the others factors, so in that since I am IN GOD'S WILL and in that fact alone give me peace...

:wavey:

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are....

....the attributes you've been blessed with that others don't have?

Didn't Jesus give us gifts in order to help others? Not lord it over them? Didn't He tell us to humble ourselves before Him and others, promising that we need not to elevate ourselves or promote ourselves, because He would do the elevating and promoting when the time was right?

I don't doubt that you believe you have attributes that far outweigh those of us on the board, but where in the word are we told to brag or boast about our attributes? Do you not see that this is wrong?

If it's not wrong, please show me where I am wrong in suggesting that you are wrong for moving from the state of humility to that of a braggart?

Come on Matt27, I think you are better than what you are allowing your pride and anger to lower you too? :thumbs:

I tend to think you have carefully thought out premises, and that you'd be a thousand times more effective if you took the low road and not the high road!

#28 righteousdude2, Apr 23, 2013
  9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Luke doesn't get along with you because he acts just like you do, prideful.

10. Matt22:37-39

I think you guys are reading way too much into my posts lol...for one I am not prideful or angry...you are misunderstanding my written words....if you knew me in person you would be surprise at my gentleness and humble spirit..Whoops there I go bragging again...but it's true...:)

See, I would believe what you have to say IF, and I mean a big IF...any of you who are putting me down ever lifted me up on the forum..but you haven't.

You see I have said some really sound things...and profound at that (I've been told so, so don't even go there) and I'm not sure I can recall many if any AGREEING with the truth that I present...surely not all I say is wrong? the fact you say nothing nice in regard to all the threads I post proves I'm not the problem

I had a wise counselor many years ago say, "find something someone said that was true and acknowledge it before you give them a negative"...a pastor once said..."people are able to swallow your opinions if it is sandwiched well...give them some good news first"...and finally "no one cares how much you know till they know how much you care"

See, what you all don't get is my heart...I honestly care about people, but I care about God's truth more...so if you don't like me, think I'm arrogant, or whatever, it really doesn't matter....I know otherwise and so do those who really know me.

I am sure I am in good company like many who can speak with authority because they know where their authority has been obtained and from whom.

Just because I don't have some kind of LABEL on my jacket, doesn't mean what i am saying isn't true...and I know for some the TRUTH hurts...so either way as long as it is out there what do i care what anyone thinks of me?

I'm way too SECURE for all that...whoops there I go bragging again...like I said it ain't bragging if it's TRUE...:)

#30 Matt22:37-39, Apr 23, 2013
  11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am a man who is 60. I have nothing to hide and hope I am not treated differently because I am a man.

I just finished a novel awaiting to be published titled "Return of the Rubber Bullet." Another one of my accomplishments is being married seven times. Next year I will have been married 50 years and am planning a group photo with me sitting down and all seven wives standing behind me for an anniversary picture.

Back to reality, since no one can challange you, maybe you should challange yourself to be humble once a week.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm humble and proud of it! :thumbsup:

13. Matt22:37-39

looks like you missed this

"
    I think you guys are reading way too much into my posts lol...for one I am not prideful or angry...you are misunderstanding my written words....if you knew me in person you would be surprise at my gentleness and humble spirit..Whoops there I go bragging again...but it's true...

See, I would believe what you have to say IF, and I mean a big IF...any of you who are putting me down ever lifted me up on the forum..but you haven't.

You see I have said some really sound things...and profound at that (I've been told so, so don't even go there) and I'm not sure I can recall many if any AGREEING with the truth that I present...surely not all I say is wrong? the fact you say nothing nice in regard to all the threads I post proves I'm not the problem

I had a wise counselor many years ago say, "find something someone said that was true and acknowledge it before you give them a negative"...a pastor once said..."people are able to swallow your opinions if it is sandwiched well...give them some good news first"...and finally "no one cares how much you know till they know how much you care"

See, what you all don't get is my heart...I honestly care about people, but I care about God's truth more...so if you don't like me, think I'm arrogant, or whatever, it really doesn't matter....I know otherwise and so do those who really know me.

I am sure I am in good company like many who can speak with authority because they know where their authority has been obtained and from whom.

Just because I don't have some kind of LABEL on my jacket, doesn't mean what i am saying isn't true...and I know for some the TRUTH hurts...so either way as long as it is out there what do i care what anyone thinks of me?

I'm way too SECURE for all that...whoops there I go bragging again...like I said it ain't bragging if it's TRUE..."

:)

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Personally I think any accomplisment in our lives is done because the Lord gave us the gift of whatever it is. For example, it is obvious you have the gift of writing and I do not. Every Christians has a unique set of gifts to serve the Lord. In regard to telling others about what we have done, in any area of Christian ministry, I believe the best course of action is silence, unless there is a specific occasion to give the Lord the honor and glory around fellow believers.

15. Matt22:37-39

AMEN and you will see if you read much of what I write I give God the credit...especially on my FB...they are just picking on me.

16. Matt22:37-39

Well now that I know how to ignore/ban people I don't think it is going to be a problem any more...:)

17. Matt22:37-39

PS….To the post above. I find it rather laughable, that one cannot have “Low Self Esteem”…nor can they be “Realistic About Their Strengths” either way you can’t win…damned if you do dammed if you don’t.…I did something 7 years ago that Dr. Phil said in his new book “Life Code” everyone should do, (according to him I am a winner) and that was I made a list (must have been in counseling) of all my strengths and weakness. These same strengths and weaknesses also matched those who knew me we well (including one my ex and I did on each other) they did character letters for my divorce case. Anyway, What I know and what everyone else said about me in a particular area was that I am a realist and maybe even an idealist as well. I take things for what they are not what I wish them to be. I am honest about WHO I AM and I’m not afraid to say so and anyone who has read me long enough knows this about me…what you see is what you get….good and bad….I have nothing to hide or be proud of….Ok, I do but I try not to…. All that I have and all that I am came from God…He made me and He has sustained me. Part of that sustaining has a lot to do with who I am today and why I speak the way I do.

Unlike many I see around me…I didn’t have a stable home, I didn’t have any parent and I had many, who loved me, I didn’t have anyone who supported me, I didn’t have anyone who protected me, I didn’t even have anyone that PRAISED ME!...crap I’m crying…need to take a break.

OK, I’m going to just stick with the PRAISE one and let’s see how that has affected me?...I don’t know about you, as it seems to have been a generational thing, but nobody who had me was good at giving PRAISE….the only “Slap on the Back” I got, also hit my face, my legs, arms, anywhere my dad’s and step moms instruments in hand would land on me out of rage…for what? Nothing really, OMG, the verbal abuse and put downs were constant not only at home but at school as well…why?... because I was “Different”….funny, I’m still the same person and I still am getting it? I guess people would rather focus on the negative way more than the positive…so sad.

Ironically, I got the curse my step mom always threatened me with…”I Hope You Have One Just Like You” well guess what?...I did. And I never treated him the way I was treated. He was disciplined, in love not anger and it was always a “process”…anyway, I was very athlete growing up, achieving awards most didn’t and in many kinds of sports…”#1 player, most athletic, fastest runner”…but you know what, my parents never went to my games or practices (they were glad to just get rid of me) nor did they encouraged any of my talents, whether it was sports, music, art, or animals…I had access to these things, but I did them and accomplished them ALONE!..or at least it feels like I did and I have no recollection at all. My grandma did say, I could have gone to the Olympics if I had ONLY been guided and encouraged. Who knows how I would have turned out? But I guess God had other plans, or like some wise person said today….we don’t always know how God is using us, probably more than we even realize. I guess being a tangible person…I want to see fruit, I want to see evidence…even if I have to find it within myself.

I say all that come to a point…I have lived a life of self protection, of self awareness and of others, due to much isolated loneliness, of much abuse, of much injustice and so much more that if I didn’t remind myself constantly of all that God has given me, or how He made me, or why I am still here in spite of it all….I would go NUTS and be dead….I feel I have NO purpose sometimes, that no one cares what I have to say or do?…God isn’t using me, my kids are gone they don’t need me anymore, no more successful race horses, no more husband to give me nice complements (although lots from weird guy renters) if I didn’t get “Kudos” at volleyball I don’t know what I’d do?...I’m sure I’d be fine. So if I come off arrogant, it may be because I am grasping at straws and just being REAL…I’m throwing stuff on the wall to see if it sticks…what am I suppose to be doing with my life at soon to be 50?

“Where There Is No Hope The People Perish”….For a long time now this is how I feel. I don’t want to go home, but why should I be here?...I think about it all the time…it is a constant struggle to stay focused on the bigger picture….I know deep down what that bigger picture is, it has been revealed to me, whether others reject it or not. And just like Noah I have to keep on building….but the only way I can do that is by being truthful about who I am, good and bad…my goal and hope is that others may learn from my life so it doesn’t seem so wasted. If this offends anyone I am truly sorry….<3

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's a strange little "merry-go-round" being played out here. Someone says "your words come across as arrogant and/or prideful"; a message is posted saying "I'm not prideful"; two more posters write "you sound prideful"; again, the individual says "I'm not prideful"; more posts are made saying "I'm not prideful."

Following the principles found in Matthew 18 for how to deal with others: it's obvious this individual refuses to see how others perceive them, and is not going to apologize or change. What should be the response of the two or more that all tend to agree on how the person comes across?

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt22:37-39 -- a suggestion: participate in some of the other threads. Engage in some discussion; and let's study to show ourselves approved. This thread is going nowhere; let it end.

20. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

(my bold)

:thumbs:

Unless, of course, we want our reward by man rather than Our Lord.

#40 Arbo, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013